Profit Protection Business Partner - Distribution and Supply Chain - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Park Business Park, Stone Road, Stafford, ST18 9SE
About the Role
As Profit Protection Business Partner, you will mitigate risk within our Distribution network or wider Supply Chain processes thereby helping us create a more holistic approach to shrinkage.
Your role will additionally enhance the customer experience both online and instore, by focussing heavily on key areas of the operation. You will feed into other strategic objectives, not least outbound stock accuracy, replacement orders, damage reduction, protection of assets and stock accuracy.
In this role, you will be the subject matter expert for the Distribution Centre, by providing operational expertise and utilising industry knowledge and contacts.
As a strong influencer and leader, you will have two direct reports, as well as being able to collaborate closely with the wider team and other key business functions.
The DC Business Partner will be based at our brand-new Distribution Centre in Stafford. There will be some additional travel required to stores or our Handforth Support office for meetings to help establish relationships. Whereas there is an option to work from home occasionally, this is predominantly an onsite role
Key Responsibilities but not limited to
• Stock Integrity - accuracy of pick, location accuracy in both Ecom and Retail DC’s.
• Monitoring the Pi schedule and all other adjustment in JDA WMS.
• Inbound/Outbound Process fit for purpose. Controls in place and adhered to, consolidation and overspill processes followed.
• In conjunction with the operation, achieve yearend sign off from external audit.
• Own and distribute accurate and timely MI reporting.
• Be responsible for the Profit Protection agenda within Distribution, together with all associated comms and material.
• Engage leadership teams, line managers and colleagues.
• Create or sponsor relevant training material.
• Conduct investigations where appropriate.
• Knowledge of security/CCTV systems, access control, perimeter security and staffed guarding. Support the site facilities manager with deployment, specification, and monitoring.
• Monitor and secure assets - pallets, cages, pallet boxes and totes. Make recommendations to protect against shrinkage, theft, and damage.
• Using your knowledge, experience, and contacts to recommend solutions to problems or opportunities identified.
• Lead the team, coach, mentor and guide them towards achieving their objectives. Conduct ‘Great Conversation’ reviews in line with expectations, giving honest feedback with regards to performance.
• Build and lead a comprehensive audit programme, which will be executed by the QC team across all shift patterns.
• Collate results from targeted audits, checks and balances. Monitor trends and patterns, report to the business and identify gaps in process or control failures.
• Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems or similar.
• Knowledge of how a distribution centre impacts the customer experience.
• Must be proficient in managing large volumes of data and building audit programs and management information reporting.
• Strong leadership skills, honesty, and integrity.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-03-2023
Expiry Date: 01-04-2023