Store Colleague - Part time - 32 hours
Part-time, £11.65 - £12.65
Salary: £11.65 - £12.65
Contracted Hours: 32
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 6B, The Beehive Centre, Coldmans Lane, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB 1 3ET
Store Colleague – Cambridge
Contracted hours: 32
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our range of Pet Care Centres, Groom Rooms, and Vets4Pets practices around the UK. Our Pet Care Centres are community-focused pet care stores – where local people work with local pet owners and help local pets.
What’s the role?
Your role will be at the heart of our stores, and you will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands. Our Store Colleagues are critical to the success of our business. They are responsible for exceeding our customer's expectations daily, ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards, and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the 'Best Pet Care Business in the World'. You'll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn the Real Living Wage (or more!) through our Earn As You Learn training programmes, as well as being able to achieve additional pay supplements through extra training.
Who are we looking for?
- People who are passionate about delivering great service.
- Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week. You will receive a minimum contract of 32 hours, but you will often be required to work more hours to cover busy periods, absences, and holidays.
- Ideally has experience of working within a customer-facing environment.
- Preferably you will have worked in target driven environment, but if not happy to work in one.
- Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
We want people who are passionate about pets and care about their community, the type of person who stops to greet a passing dog and sits on the pavement to make friends with a cat. People who understand how important pets are to the people who love them, and who want to help us create a friendly, safe, welcoming space for pet owners at a local level.
It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do.
Our culture is friendly and inclusive. Each one of our teams is unique because we welcome everyone, and everyone can be themselves. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Please copy this link to read our Values and Behaviours - https://www.petsathomejobs.com/about-us/our-values
We reward and recognise our store colleagues in ways that matter to them. Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid store colleagues.
- Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours.
- The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary to your company pension plan, and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme too.
- Refer a friend. If you recommend a role to someone you know, and they are offered and accept the role, you will receive £250 per placement.
- We've given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleagues' achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave.
- An additional day's paid leave for your Birthday.
- An additional day's paid leave to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your "Pet-ernity" day! (If you have a new dog, horse, or cat in the family).
- An additional day's paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge Day, which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community.
- An additional week's paid leave (pro-rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
- A gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby.
- Long service awards and gifts to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years' service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business, which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms. An award of free shares each year; and access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services in-store and online through our benefits platform.
- We provide you with support, information, and valuable links to manage your financial wellbeing. These include money tools, a budget planner, a loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid, and easy access to savings and loans.
- We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines, and support to help you manage your mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing.
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) includes access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.
- Life Assurance for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it. Still, it is good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
Please copy this link for more details and other benefits - https://www.petsathomejobs.com/why-join-us/rewards-and-benefits
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Click here for more details and other benefits
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 06-03-2023
Expiry Date: 03-03-2033