FP&A Analyst - Vet Business - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £35,000 - £42,000
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Whilst we have been established for over 30 years, our evolution continues on our journey to be the best pet care business in the world. Combining new business leadership with new clinical leadership, our ambition to become a lead authority in petcare, both internally and externally, is core to our brand.
Key to this are our veterinary teams who operate independently through our unique Joint Venture (JV) model. Our unique model enables our JV Partners to own their practices whilst benefitting from continued investment in practice facilities, clinical equipment and a clinical focus underpinned by evidenced-based medicine and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a talented FP&A Analyst to join our Veterinary business, reporting to our FP&A Manager within our Vets Finance Team.
About the role
As a FP&A Analyst, your goal will be to support our Vet Business in making informed and effective decisions to achieve long-term success. The key objective of the role is to provide insight and analysis to support the production of the Vet Business annual budget, bi-annual reforecasting & 5 Year Strategy Plan.
Specifically, this includes supporting with the production of forecasting cycles, modelling the impact of potential new investments, industry & competitor analysis and financial modelling for one-off pieces of analysis where required.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Providing insight and analysis to support the production of the Vet Business annual budget, bi-annual reforecasting & 5 Year Strategy Plan
- Modelling a range of revenue possibilities as a result of expanding our practice estate, and speaking with colleagues outside of finance to gather information to base our financial assumptions on
- Being involved in the modelling of revenue and costs associated with a new investment and working with the business project owner to develop KPIs to track on a periodic basis
- Keeping clear workings alongside an overview PowerPoint deck which can be sent to senior financial stakeholders periodically
- Being part of the decision-making process at various points within the year to understand the impact the investment is having on the Vet Business
- Being involved in the data gathering & analysis stage of the Competitor & Industry analysis
- Providing clear, logical and accurate analysis to the business in a timely manner
- Recently qualified accountant / finalist / QBE / part-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Working either in industry or practice
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Would need to be able to comfortably use formulas like: ‘xlookup’, pivot tables, ‘match’ formulae, ‘sumifs’, etc
- Good Microsoft PowerPoint skills - primary output of responsibilities are PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in financial modelling
- Ability to manipulate data efficiently and present information effectively
- Experience of working to set deadlines and have a track record of delivering high-quality work
- A hardworking & proactive approach
- A desire to learn and can grasp concepts quickly
- Good problem solving – especially using Excel as a tool to work with large data sets
- Able to build relationships with the finance team and wider business
- Able to see the ‘bigger picture’ and not get lost in the detail where not required
- An Organised and efficient approach
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
We offer a competitive salary package, including healthcare and pension contributions, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. If you have a passion for finance and a desire to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 26-05-2023
Expiry Date: 10-06-2023