Transactional Accounts Assistant (Vets Finance) - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Transactional Accounts Assistant working within our Cash & Banking team in our Handforth Support office.
As a Transactional Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for analysing data and allocating payments made into our bank accounts. You will be working with large volumes of data across multiple systems including SAP S/4 HANA and Excel and dealing with queries from our Vets practices and Insurance providers via Telephone and Email.
This is a great role if you are looking for a mixture of customer service, data analysis and query management with entry level accounting exposure.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to
- Collating all banking sheets from practices on a weekly basis
- Investigating payment discrepancies and following up Practice queries
- Reconciliation of bank accounts using SAP and Excel
- Posting journals and running reports in SAP
- Allocating payments and receipts through the bank
- Building relationships with insurance companies
- Handling day to day queries with the practices
- Data driven – confident in use of Excel, Outlook and Teams
- An understanding of SAP is desirable, but not essential
- Highly organised - able to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Numerical - enjoy working with numbers
- AAT (part or qualified) is advantageous although not essential
Here at Pets at Home Vet Group, we are proud to be one of the largest veterinary groups in the UK with a national network of around 440 practices, approximately 400 of which are operated as individual Joint Venture businesses. Over 400 practices operate under the Vet4Pets brand and the remainder are Companion Care.
Our Joint Venture model is unique to the UK vet market and it offers ambitious vets an early route to practice ownership with professional support on financing, IT, People, Marketing and supplier relations. Each partner has full clinical freedom to do whatever they believe to be right for each individual patient, including using the products of their choice. The owner mentality drives superior performance once the practice reaches maturity, compared to the typical company-owned model.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-05-2023
Expiry Date: 07-06-2023