Junior Packaging Project Lead (6-12 Month FTC) - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Handforth Support Office (Hybrid)
About the role
The main responsibility of this role is to bring new and existing products, ranges, and completely new Brands to market through the creation, sign- off and delivery of final artwork.
- Support in the delivery and development of the creative design through to artwork execution and repro.
- Liaise with product suppliers and cross-functional teams to gather necessary information such as cutter guides, pack copy, and the necessary information needed to commence artwork.
- Produce artwork briefs to ensure accuracy of artwork and that brand guidelines are adhered to and created where needed.
- Work with the client to build strong networks across Buying, Technical, Marketing, Data Maintenance and Legal for attaining brand consistency, copy and codes approval whilst providing regular updates to manage key stakeholders’ expectations.
- Work with the wider team to organise pre-production meetings with suppliers and printers to ensure the best possible outcome during print production.
- Request cost estimates and see-through associated admin i.e., raising PO numbers, help to manage the process through to payment.
- Associated administration including filing/organization of archive material on internal system and use of internal project management system.
- Provide support wherever needed according to business needs.
- Assist in the development of new packaging concepts and turn into artwork solutions, in line with broader team objectives such as sustainability.
- Create physical mock up’s to explore new packaging concepts.
- Co-ordination of the internal and external artwork sign off process.
- Organise and assist with photography shoots.
- Ability to operate independently but also a true team player with the ability to work as a key part of a small but extremely efficient team.
- Print, design, and packaging experience would be a distinct advantage and the ability to be communicate and share through the team, developing best practice.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation, planning, and multi-tasking skills in order to work on multiple projects at once, to strict deadlines and managing critical path timescales with tenacity and drive.
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure with an exceptional attention to detail whilst meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong influencing skills to drive projects through to completion and meet business objectives
- A passion for product and brands.
- A good understanding of print processes would be advantageous.
- Ability to critique design and artwork in a constructive manner to improve the offering for our customers and ensure that the work produced meets business needs and key organisational briefs.
- Bring your Pet to work!
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shopping discounts and more!
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
*Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 27-03-2023
Expiry Date: 11-04-2023