Junior .Net Developer - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About the role
To work within one of our Agile software development teams on behalf of the Services development team to deliver Service implementations within the Pets at Homes services layer
- Service Design and Development – Design and develop Service solutions.
- Documentation – Helps to maintain an appropriate level of documentation
- Test Creation and Execution – Defines and develops automated unit tests to help maintain software quality
- Product Development and Stakeholder interaction – plays a role in interacting with stakeholders and product management to define and enhance the products under development
- Software Development Lifecycle – plays a role in the agile software development lifecycle.
Experience Will Include
- 1 year's experience of developing using DotNet and/or DotNetCore (C#/.NET/ASP.NET)
- Knowledge of Software / Process / Project lifecycles with an understanding of Agile working practices
- Some knowledge of frameworks, patterns and practices used to develop software and experience of using C# as a development language of choice.
- Experience writing unit tests, or other testing methods
- Have worked in an Agile environment, or have a good understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Structured thinking
- Lean skills – Continuous improvement mindset and experience in leading Continuous improvement initiatives
- Keen wilingness to learn
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-01-2023
Expiry Date: 18-02-2023