Assistant Store Manager Full Time - 39 hours
Full-time, £24,195 - £25,914
Salary: £24,195 - £25,914
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Putney High Street, Putney, Greater London, SW15
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our range of Pet Care Centres, Groom Rooms, and Vets4Pets practices around the UK. We’ve recently opened a range of smaller, community-focussed pet care stores – where local people work with local pet owners and help local pets.
These stores will stock the kind of pet supplies that are easy to carry home without a car – but they’ll also be a space for local events and a place to support local businesses if they’re beneficial to the community you live in.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be a vital member of the store management team. You will be a Duty Manager and take full responsibility for the store in the absence of the Deputy or Store Manager. You will be involved in absolutely everything of the store's running, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards. Your Store Manager will empower you to ensure that your team are maximising sales and performance across all primary KPI's. You will lead from the front with a hands-on approach. You will inspire your team, inject fun into the workplace and create a truly fantastic place to shop and work.
Who are we looking for?
People who are passionate about pets and care about their community. The type of person who stops to greet a passing dog and sits on the pavement to make friends with a cat. People with personality who enjoy getting to know their neighbours and their neighbourhood at the same time. People who understand how important pets are to the people who love them, and who want to help us create a friendly, safe, welcoming space for pet owners at a local level.
- Experienced in working within the retail sector with a minimum of 6 months hands-on supervisory/management experience.
- Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern, across 7 days a week.
- Passionate for retail and has a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results.
- A team player with excellent communication skills to engage and inspire your team.
- Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
We reward and recognise our managers in ways that matter to them.
Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid store colleagues
- Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours.
- The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary to your company pension plan, and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme too.
- The company will contribute towards your private medical insurance for you, your partner, and your children.
- An additional day's paid leave for your Birthday.
- An additional day's paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge Day, which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people, and our planet within their local community.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years' service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business, which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms. An award of free shares each year; and access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) includes access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more
- Life Assurance for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it. Still, it's good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-01-2023
Expiry Date: 14-02-2023