Finance Business Partner - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £45,000 - £48,500
Salary: £45,000 - £48,500
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
As a result of some internal promotions, we are looking for a Finance Business Partner to work out of our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire), and we can offer hybrid working from this location.
As Finance Business Partner, you’ll be responsible for partnering one of our central support functions at the Support Office, linking in with our Vet group to build plans to support the business.
You’ll provide weekly and periodic reporting, in addition to ad-hoc reporting and providing support to department heads as required (including actual vs. budget, reforecast and prior year, with variance analysis and commentary). This also includes the periodic rolling forecast, involving liaising with directors/department heads to produce forecasts on key cost lines.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established function that has a fantastic reputation within our business. You’ll be able to really add value and have your voice heard. In return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambitions through, guidance, development opportunities and experience.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Involvement in the end-to-end period-end process. You will be responsible for several cost lines, which will involve posting journals and calculating accruals & prepayments
- Input into the preparation of the period end board pack, detailing financial performance and KPI’s for the group (distributed to both Executive and Non-executive Directors)
- Maintaining balance sheet control through preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely management information to department heads and senior management to monitor business performance and assist the decision-making process to enable its successful future development
- Required to liaise with our 3rd Party Auditors twice a year. providing them with required information to carry out the audits
- Day-to-day support for one or two members of the Central finance team through mentoring, 1-2-1s and supporting with daily tasks
You’ll be a qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA), with experience in role post qualification, and you’ll be committed & driven to develop your career in Finance further.
Excellent communications skills, which will enable to you build strong internal relationships, will be key to success in the role.
You’ll be comfortable operating in a fast paced environment.
Further key experience/attributes include;
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, whilst also being comfortable working independently to achieve tasks and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and strong admin skills, able to record data accurately
- SAP experience is desirable, but not essential
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 30-01-2023
Expiry Date: 11-02-2023