Commercial Finance Manager - 39 hours per week
Full-time, £50,000 - £65,000
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
As a result of some internal promotions, we are looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to work out of our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire), and we can offer hybrid working from this location.
As Commercial Finance Manager, you’ll report into the Head of Commercial Finance and hold responsibility for business partnering with our Commercial function, offering financial support to key stakeholders that include our; Commercial Director, Supply Chain Director and our Heads of Trading. You’ll drive action and ensure that decision making within the team is facilitated and influenced through financial analysis.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established function that has a fantastic reputation within our business. You’ll be able to really add value and have your voice heard. You’ll be empowered and trusted to enhance decision making across our Commercial function with a focus on sales and margin performance.
The role will be integral as we develop our trading strategy over the next five years.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Management responsibility for two colleagues, taking responsibility for their development
- Key point of contact for all commercial related queries, working closely with your stakeholders to support decision making in their areas
- Supporting the team to interpret weekly trading sales, margin and supply chain reports, performing analysis to highlight any issues and understand trends, formulating action plans with the trading team to mitigate areas of under-performance
- Periodic presentations, explaining current trading environment and highlighting emerging trends that will affect sales & margin in future periods
- Working closely with the Trading and Supply teams to produce a robust sales, margin and stock plan. Ensuring we are on track to achieve this plan through both the formal reforecasting process and the periodic Risk & Opps process
- Conducting deep dive analysis on categories to understand key trends and working with the Trading team to develop a robust action plan to turn around performance
- Working with the Supply team to understand and take actions on more efficient stock holding and movement in key categories
- Supporting cross category teams with analysis requirements and financial modelling as part of the formulation of category specific strategic plans, to subsequently be presented to the Exec
- Performing ongoing analysis on strategic initiatives and reporting trends in periodic board papers, highlighting any risks and opportunities to issued guidelines
- Collaborating with other areas of Finance on a periodic basis, ensuring current assumptions around sales, margin and stock levels are shared to allow better modelling of Risks & Opps within other areas of the business
- Supporting market reporting requirements and provision of information to investors
You’ll be a CIMA (or equivalent) qualified accountant with experience in role post qualification and you’ll have operated within a commercial finance team, ideally within a retail environment.
It is essential to have strong analytic skills and a proven track record of influencing decisions through the conclusions and/or recommendations you have made as a result of your analysis.
Further key experience/attributes include;
- Excellent communication skills which enable you to build strong internal relationships
- The ability to influence and challenge key senior stakeholders across the Business. You’ll have past experience of being in a role where you have regularly had to influence senior management
- Advanced Excel skills are essential, with the ability to use formulas, V look up’s and pivot tables
- Being a self-starter with experience of working in a dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment
- Being a strong team player, with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 24-11-2022
Expiry Date: 10-12-2022