Retail Finance Analyst - 39 hours
Full-time, £35,000 - £40,000
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
We are recruiting for an Retail Finance Analyst, this is a hybrid role, in part based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Operational Finance Manager, you will act as one of the key finance contacts for the Retail Operations Team and wider Finance team.
We are looking for someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambition through gaining qualifications, guidance and experience. If you’re in the process of attaining your CIMA or ACCA qualifications then we can support you through the form of a study contract and generous study leave.
- Review and interpretation of Store & Grooming Performance (inc Financial, Customer and key Strategic KPIs) highlight any issues and understand trends, undertaking reviews with the senior operations team to understand and build action plans for areas of opportunity.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on underperforming Stores & Grooming salons to understand key trends and work with field / data teams (incl. Regional Operations Directors & Area Managers) to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance.
- End of end ownership of our Store/Grooming corporate bonus scheme
- Weekly reporting, period end reporting and board slide preparation; understanding variances and clearly explaining to non-financial colleagues.
- Preparing audit level information and be the key contact for Group Finance and Audit during these times.
- Work closely with the rest of Operational finance and Central Finance and Control to model / build / support / present / input the formal Business Plan and Reforecast.
- Provide appropriate challenge, and support to Operations business partners (inc. Grooming Ops Manager).
- You will be a part or fully qualified Accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
- You will have previous experience in an analytical finance or Management Accounts role, preferably within retail
- You will have previous experience of both supporting and challenging key stakeholders where necessary
- You will have a high attention to detail.
- You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment.
- You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships.
- You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-02-2023
Expiry Date: 11-02-2023