Facilities Advisor (12 Month FTC Part Time) - 20.1 hours
Part-time, £11,000 - £12,000
Salary: £11,000 - £12,000
Contracted Hours: 20.1
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: 3 days a week (Wed 10.30-3.30pm, Thur, Fr), Handforth based (hybrid)
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Advisor to join our team at Support Office, working on a hybrid basis. Working closely with a supportive team, you will be responsible for dealing with around 90 of our Pet Care Centre’s and out Groom Rooms.
This is a very busy role, so we are looking for someone who does have previous facilities experience, and it would be desirable if you had experience of dealing with a multi-site Estate.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Strong focus on delivering excellent customer service to all of the stores & Grooming Salons.
- Deal with all incoming reactive maintenance requests from all of the stores & Grooming Salons (via telephone, e-mail & in-house FM system).
- Identifying the most cost effective solution to each request by:
- Talking colleagues through first fix solutions
- Deferring minor repairs to upcoming projects by cross-referencing requests with the extensive project program and the PPM schedules
- Placing purchase orders with our approved database of suppliers. You will also raise queries with suppliers.
- Using the in-house FM System to manage and prioritise your workload, following each work request through to a satisfactory conclusion ensuring that updates are communicated to all relevant parties and in-line with agreed KPI’s.
- Using the in-house FM System to generate reports on store spend and assets
- Obtaining feedback on supplier performance from the store colleagues and internal colleagues for performance analysis.
- Maintaining the department’s records to include files, contact lists, databases, etc to ensure all relevant information is current, accurate and accessible.
- Update the in-house FM System with new store opening details from the weekly “Development Activity Report.”
- Involved in review sessions with suppliers to ensure that service levels are maintained and improved.
- Recording minutes at the supplier review sessions to ensure all agreed actions are completed.
- Assisting with invoice queries to ensure contractors receive timely payments.
- Developing your personal knowledge of building fabric and M&E systems.
- Supporting your line manager and cross-functional team members.
- Providing any ad-hoc administration duties.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience of working in a facilities/maintenance administrative role, ideally gained within a retail environment, however this is not essential.
- It is essential for the successful candidate to have experience of providing facilities/maintenance administrative support to multi-sites or in maintaining a number of different facilities within one site.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be building cross-functional relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong negotiating skills to ensure that the most cost effective solution is adopted when liaising with suppliers.
- PC literate with experience of Excel, Word, E-mail and databases
- Bring your Pet to work!
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shopping discounts and more!
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
*Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 05-12-2022
Expiry Date: 20-12-2022