Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
Full-time, Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive Salary
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
As a Group Infrastructure Engineer you’ll work within the Group Infrastructure team with a focus on cloud technologies (Azure and AWS). You will support and maintain, with day to day management, maintenance and configuration of the Azure platform.
The successful colleague will have a number of responsibilities as part of this role:
- To be the primary contact for support of the Azure and AWS platforms
- Act as a point of contact for any issues, incidents or problems
- Understand all aspects of the configuration and technical/functional capabilities
- Ensure all issues and incidents are managed and where necessary include the wider Group IT teams
- Prepare run and test and reports that ensure the health of the platform
- Ensure the Organisation is making full use of its capabilities through process automation.
- Working with or infrastructure, Operations and Data Team to implement monitoring to ensure issues are spotted and managed pro-actively
- Manage 3rd party relationship with to ensure suppliers are meeting and exceeding their SLAs in relation to provision of the service
- Complete regular internal system audits
- Understand capacity and run costs associated with the environments.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Microsoft Azure including Office 365
- Supplier management
- Cloud Billing/Monitoring
- Support and Deployment of Azure/AWS
- Devops + sysops (Cloud)
- Documentation including high level diagrams
- 3rd line support
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Microsoft 365 Certified
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services.
Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 01-04-2021
Expiry Date: 23-04-2021