Assistant Manager Designate - *Newhaven, Hove, Eastbourne, Worthing and Bognor Area*
Full-time, Between £19,500 - £20,800 per annum
Salary: Between £19,500 - £20,800 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: B1, Newhaven Retail Park, The Drove, Newhaven, East Sussex, BN 9 0AG
This is an Assistant Manager Designate role and as an Assitant Manager Designate you will be working in one of a number of stores within the Newhaven, Hove, Eastbourne, Worthing and Bognor Area. When recruiting for an Assistant Manager Designates it is our intention that you’ll complete a number of months in a Designate role but that you will eventually take responsibility in a store.
Reporting into the Store Manager you will be responsible for maximising sales and performance across all major KPI’s through building a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Leading from the front with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
- Ensuring that your store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service to our customers through the vast amount of pet knowledge and expertise that you and your team can offer.
- You will deliver the highest standards of pet care and ensure that the welfare of pets is a top priority, promoting responsible pet ownership.
- Being responsible for motivating, training and developing your team.
- Running a store which has exceptional standards and being responsible for achieving and exceeding key KPI’s.
- Ensuring that you communicate effectively to your team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
- Taking responsibility for absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards.
- You will be responsible for the successful running of a grooming salon (if there is a Pets at Home Groom Room located within your store), with the Salon Manager reporting directly into yourself.
You’ll have a passion for retail and a passion for pets!
- You’ll have at least 2 years management experience, gained either within a store based retail role or in a restaurant environment and have been responsible for managing a team of at least 10 people. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you’ve taken a hands-on approach.
- You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results!
- You’ll be a people person and a real team player and this combined with your excellent communication skills enables you to really engage and inspire a team.
- You’ll be commercially focused and proactive in your approach.
- It is essential that you have a current UK drivers license and access to your own vehicle
- Competitive salary of between £19,500 - £20,800 er annum, plus bonus scheme upon appointment to your own store.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home
- Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
- Celebrating Special Occasions? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Team reward vouchers
- “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
- Charity Leave – You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We are happy to discuss the opportunity to work flexibly.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 31-03-2021
Expiry Date: 26-05-2021