Channel Manager (12 Month FTC)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the role
The Channel Manager will manage the online activation and promotion teams and work closely with the commercial, digital and marketing teams. This role is responsible for delivering profitable sales growth of Accessories in line with the business plans expectations for the online channel as well as delivering against commercial metrics and also focuses on the customer and optimising their online journey.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Managing the activation team as well as looking after the online promotions teams
- Support creative asset delivery from briefing stage to onsite installation, communicating and following up on all aspects of development and execution
- Work collaboratively with the relevant teams to drive sales and engagement with the Pets at Home brand
- Be responsible for the spend associated to Accessory suppliers, by building engaging customer focused brand plans to ensure that the money is spent on time and in an efficient manner
- Work with suppliers to deliver plans that cover product content and imagery, brand and promotional awareness, landing pages, search and categorisation optimisation, sharing data and analytics
- Meet all sales and margin targets as laid out in the business plan
- Be the channel expert for their area and constantly reviewing what is happening in the wider digital market
- Ensure all key stakeholders are fully informed on performance and progress
- Collaborate with the online optimisation team to set up relevant cross sells, upsells and relevant product recommendations;
- Use tools at your disposal to activate trials online, for example, work with the optimisation team on AB tasty to test and learn what resonates with customers and delivers the best results
About your experience
This role would suit an individual who can demonstrate a proven track record within channel management and a strong commercial background and can react quickly to any opportunities and prioritise to deliver the most impactful results.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within a retail environment and will preferably have digital experience as well as strong numerical skills, be able to be resourceful, motivated, able to work well under pressure and possess strong team leadership and coaching skills. Having both a commercial and analytical eye is a must, with keen attention to detail which are able to be communicated both within and outside of the organisation.
Proven experience delivering against business plan sales and margin targets are essential, along with being able to review performance against sign up metrics.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 30-03-2021
Expiry Date: 30-04-2021