Business Intelligence Engineer
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer who loves all things data visualisation. We are looking for someone who will influence the technical and strategic direction of the team and take ownership of parts of the existing platform.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Driving adoption of our Business Intelligence environment through first in class dashboard and MI development
- Taking our business colleagues from capturing and refining requirements through to build, test and delivery
- Defining, designing, developing and maintaining performant BI applications and data pipelines ensuring data quality is maintained to a high standard
- Evangelizing about our data platform, products and data capabilities with other departments in order to bring more relevant data into our eco-system and develop future data-products that solve real business problems
- Maintaining simple but useful relevant technical documentation
- Providing maintenance and support of our existing suite of reporting dashboards and BI products or data pipelines
- Actively driving improvement and growth through analytics of our data and new techniques
- Adopting efficient design and development principles to "transform and load" data for MI production
- Providing support to other team members to manage complex requirements
- Designing BI layout in conjunction with business stakeholders ensuring that insight is relevant, clear and succinct
Providing input and adhere to standard design framework and data architecture principles
About your experience
This role would suit an individual who can demonstrate sound knowledge and experience of BI platforms and tools. Ideally Tableau, however other platforms are fine (Business Objects, Looker, Qlik, Thoughtspot, PowerBI). You will also have experience of Cloud Warehousing (BigQuery/Snowflake/AWS), and have an advanced level of knowledge and understanding of coding such as SQL. CI/CD and DevOps experience would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will be commercially focused, with a passion for mentoring and training others, able to lead on projects and support others with their development.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 30-03-2021
Expiry Date: 30-04-2021