Class 1 Driver - Various Hours Available
Full-time, up to £46,000
Salary: up to £46,000
Contracted Hours: Various Hours Available
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Business Park, Stafford, ST18 9SE
Pets At Home are moving! In 2023 we are moving to Redhill, Stafford. With a Brand-New state of the art distribution centre. We have opportunities for HGV(C+E) Drivers to join our busy and expanding Transport team in Stafford
At Pets at Home, we’re committed to making sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, care and products. It’s what’s driven our success. As we continue to grow, so does the demand for our pet care supplies. That’s why we’re expanding our teams.
Join us, and you’ll see that we’re not any old distribution centre. We want to be the best pet care company in the world. And that starts with our colleagues.
Excellent service calls for high personal standards amongst the whole team. You'll be a careful and considerate driver who's willing to go the extra mile both on and off the roads. You'll be naturally friendly, helpful and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
- Carrying out driver checks before you start the engine
- Carrying out store deliveries
- Delivering on time, but always legal and safely, making sure our reputation for excellence includes driving
- Flexible to do a variety of work
- These new HGV (C+E) Driver opportunities have been created due to the experiential growth and expansion of our operation. These Driver roles are a great platform to further your driving career within a growing organisation.
Why Pets At Home:
- Attractive rates of pay
- Overtime normally available
- Driver medicals reimbursed
- Reimbursement for statutory renewal of tacho cards
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Canteen with reduced prices
- Free car parking
- Uniform provided
- Reward schemes
- Modern, diverse and friendly working environment
What you’ll get in Return:
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home. But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
We offer some great rewards for your hard work, including generous holiday allowances (including an extra day on your birthday!) you can save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 20% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more!
- To hold a full HGV C+E (Class 1) licence – newly qualified and experienced drivers welcome
- Hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
- Own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Up to date experience and working knowledge in driver legislation such as Tachograph or similar - however full training will be provided with our on-site Driver Trainer
- Full, clean driving licence is preferable
Whether your future is within our distribution centres, our wider Group or elsewhere, we’re committed to developing all our colleagues. So, you’ll get the best training and support to develop your skills – for now and for your future. We also offer flexible shift patterns and the opportunity to gain new qualifications. Our Total Reward Package includes a generous holiday allowance, access to a pension scheme, life assurance and discounts on everyday shopping.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-11-2022
Expiry Date: 31-12-2022