React Native Developer - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
Pets at Home have embarked on a digital transformation to rebuild our customer and colleague facing digital platforms. We are building up our in-house development team and looking for talented developers to join us on this exciting transition to re-invent our customer journeys and become the best pet care business in the world.
About the role
As a React Native Developer, you will have a good balance of technical and communication skills and work within one of our cross-functional product teams to guide the mobile app technical decisions and implement solutions on the customer facing mobile app. Along with the wider app teams, you would advocate for developing with accessibility and performance in mind as well as looking out for ways we can continue to improve.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience building mobile applications in React Native with TypeScript
- Experience writing automated tests using Jest and React Native Testing Library
- Familiarity working within an agile environment following the Scrum methodology
- Strong sense of code quality and contribution to code standards and documentation
- Customer-oriented approach with passion for data-driven development
- Understanding of scalability and user experience
- Experience of engaging and interacting with stakeholders and product managers to define and enhance products in development
- Take an active role in mentoring other developers within the team
- Enthusiasm for trying new things and learning new technologies
- Collaborative approach and open to pair programming
Some experience with native mobile app development using Kotlin and/or Swift and using package managers (NPM and Yarn) would be great but are not essential. We also utilize Azure DevOps to manage the entire application lifecycle, familiarity with Azure DevOps isn’t a requirement but would be beneficial.
About Our Benefits
On offer, together with a greenfield career opportunity, we have a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
· 10% Bonus potential
· 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
· Pension Scheme
· Share options
· Group Discounts
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 05-12-2022
Expiry Date: 04-01-2023