Operations Finance Analyst
Full-time, £30,000 - £35,000
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
As an Operational Finance Analyst, you’ll work from home with travel to the Handforth Support Office when required. Reporting into the Operational Finance Manager, you will act as one of the key finance contacts for the Retail Operations Team and wider Finance team.
The role will suit someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambition through gaining qualifications, guidance and experience.
- Review and interpretation of Store & Grooming Performance (inc Financial, Customer and key Strategic KPIs), highlighting any issues and understanding trends, undertaking reviews with the Senior Operations Team to understand and build action plans for areas of opportunity
- Conducting deep dive analysis on underperforming Stores & Grooming salons to understand key trends and work with field/data teams to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance
- Preparation and interpretation of Store property financials to help support decision making in optimising the Pets at Home estate
- Weekly reporting, period end reporting and board slide preparation; understanding variances and clearly explaining to non-financial colleagues.
- Preparing audit level information and be the key contact for Group Finance and Audit during these times.
- Working closely with the rest of Operational Finance and Central Finance & Control to model, build, support, present and input the formal Business Plan and Reforecast.
- Providing appropriate challenge and support to Operations Business Partners
- You will ideally be a newly qualified Accountant, or in the later stages of studying
- Previous experience in an Analytical Finance or Management Accounts role, preferably within retail
- Previous experience of both supporting and challenging key stakeholders where necessary
- High attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment
- Strong Excel skills with experience of using Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs
You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships
Together we’ll create the future of pet care. We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 04-02-2021
Expiry Date: 12-03-2021