Senior Application Developer
Full-time, Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive Salary
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Remote Working with required travel to Handforth Support Office
At Pets at Home Group we’re developing technology to transform pet care. Join us and work on amazing projects that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re on the cusp of a transformation and open to fresh thinking. We’re giving you the opportunity to help define our systems from scratch. Our goal is fully personalised, customer experience that integrates retail and multi-channel services to deliver seamless service, but how we achieve that is down to you.
About your role
As a Senior Application Developer, you’ll be providing technical knowledge and support to the Application Development Team whilst also designing and developing Android Applications.
In addition, you’ll provide technical oversight, mentor junior & mid-level Developers, roadmap technology and play a key role in helping to define and evolve the agile software development lifecycle and tooling used.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Conducting ongoing reviews of as deployed application code, identifying areas where technical debt is present and identifying & promoting necessary corrective work streams
- Providing support and guidance to other less experienced members of the development team, helping them to solve complex issues within the software they are developing.
- Helping other members of the team to grow and improve their technical knowledge by providing guidance and sharing knowledge
- Actively participating in the design & development of application solutions to business problems, particularly the larger and more complex development pieces
- Producing appropriate design documentation and clean efficient software implementations
- Where appropriate, producing re-usable components and services which can be used to develop further applications more efficiently
- Understanding the trends in Application Development technology and making appropriate recommendations for the Application technology roadmap within Pets at Home
About your experience
You’ll be a great technical communicator with the ability to articulate solutions and desired outcomes. Being results driven and organised, you’ll also be forward thinking with a flexible approach to change and working effectively in a variety of situations
Key experience required includes:
- A deep understanding of Android Software Development, the ecosystem and technologies in use
- Knowledge of Software / Process / Project lifecycles with an understanding of Agile working practices
- In depth knowledge of frameworks, patterns and practices used to develop software for Android devices
- Experience of developing using Kotlin
- Customer-oriented approach and outcome focused
You’ll also have experience of TD, CI, CD and ideally iOS development using Swift or Objective C.
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 24-12-2020
Expiry Date: 31-01-2021