Supply Planner *12 Month Fixed Term Contract*
Full-time, Competitive salary
Salary: Competitive salary
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
This role is responsible for managing product areas; ensuring that stock levels are correct throughout the supply chain to maximise efficiency and help to provide a great service to our customers.
Key responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- To be accountable for complete stock life cycle of product ranges, managing from introduction to exit across all channels.
- This includes on time launch in line with the critical path and cost effective exit management of discontinued stock
- Work closely as part of the commercial team to manage product ranges from a supply base sourced from the UK and the Rest of the World.
- Raise and review purchase orders in line with sales forecasts and events
- To maximize availability across all channels whilst achieving stock turn targets and driving efficient cash flow
- Work closely with the Availability team to ensure product is distributed from the warehouse and on shelf targets are maintained whilst controlling stocks
- To work closely with the Distribution Centre’s to ensure stock intake from suppliers is phased in an appropriate manner.
- To work with our supply base to drive initiatives that will improve the efficiencies of the distribution centres.
- To develop genuine and sustainable relationships with our key suppliers, celebrating success and managing poor performance.
About your experience
This role would suit an individual who can demonstrate knowledge and experience in Supply Planning, with analytical and numerical capabilities. You will have a proven track record in managing supplier relationships, forecasting and planning activities. Excellent communication skills, a desire to work with a range of different teams (external and internal) and outstanding organisational skills are all required. Specific retail experience would be advantageous.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-12-2020
Expiry Date: 29-01-2021