Dog Grooming Salon Manager - 39 hours
Full-time, £28,000 - £32,000
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 8B, Friern Bridge Retail Park, Pegasus Way, Friern Barnet, London, N11 3PW
Friern Barnet - 39 Hours
Shift Patterns would be either:
9am till 7pm 4-day week (Excluding Sundays, which would be 8am-5pm)
9am till 6pm 5-day week
Contracted hours: Up to 39 hours per week (4 or 5 days a week)
Who are we?
We’re Pets at Home – if you’re someone who loves pets, you might know already know about our range of Pet Care Centres, Groom Rooms, and Vets4Pets practices around the UK. We’ve recently opened a range of smaller, community-focussed pet care stores with Groom Rooms to tailored to the needs of local Pets – where local people work with local pet owners and help local pets.
These stores will stock the kind of pet supplies that are easy to carry home without a car – but they’ll also be a space for local events and a place to support local businesses if they’re beneficial to the community you live in.
What’s the role?
As Salon Manager, you will lead from the front and with a hands-on approach, you will inspire your team, inject fun into the workplace and create a truly amazing place to work and pamper your pet. Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you deal with customers and their pets daily.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Experienced in working within a grooming environment and it is essential that you can complete a groom from start to finish on most breeds to a high standard.
- Qualified - Ideally has a grooming related qualification.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage a team and ideally will have led a team within a grooming environment.
- Commercially aware and understands the importance of driving salon sales.
- Proficient at effectively managing a salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
- Driven to deliver high standards within the workplace.
- Passionate about pets and people wanting to be part of a successful salon and proactive in your approach.
- Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week.
- You will be responsible for any recruitment needs within the team.
- You will effectively manage and plan the team rotas and effectively manage the salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
Commission-Based Model Trial
We are currently trialling a commission-based model and the proposal is to move to a really simple earn as you groom commission model, with no thresholds or minimum expectations. The more a salon team grooms, the more they earn.
Who are we looking for?
People who are passionate about pets and care about their community. The type of person who stops to greet a passing dog and sits on the pavement to make friends with a cat. People with personality who enjoy getting to know their neighbours and their neighbourhood at the same time. People who understand how important pets are to the people who love them, and who want to help us create a friendly, safe, welcoming space for pet owners at a local level. Experienced in working within a grooming environment and it is essential that you can complete a groom from start to finish on most breeds to a high standard.
Your Benefits - We reward and recognise our Salon Managers in ways that matter to them.
Our benefits are designed to support your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid colleagues.
- Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro rata calculated on your contracted hours)
- The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary into you company pension plan and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme
- We’ve given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleague’s achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- An additional day’s paid leave for your Birthday
- An additional day’s paid leave to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your “Pet-ernity” day! (if you have a new dog, horse or cat in the family)
- An additional day’s paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge day which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community.
- An additional week’s paid leave (pro rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
- A gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Long service awards and gifts to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years’ service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands, within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business, which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms. An award of free shares each year; and access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services instore and online through our benefits platform.
- We provide you with support, information and useful links to manage your financial wellbeing such as money tools, a budget planner, loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid and easy access savings and loans.
- We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines and support to help you manage your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- A free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by the Retail Trust for all colleagues, which provides access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.
- Life Assurance cover for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it, but it’s good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
Click here for more details and other benefits.
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you.
Organisation: The Groom Room
Date Posted: 16-09-2022
Expiry Date: 15-10-2022