Social Media Executive - 39 hours
Full-time, £24,000 - £28,000
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
We are looking for a creative Social Media Executive who demonstrates real drive and ambition, to support the planning, development and implementation of exciting, innovative content and campaigns which will inspire, excite and engage our social community.
The key areas of focus in the role are:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of our brand’s social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and Tik Tok.
- Align with data insight and wider customer marketing objectives to plan, create and deliver a regular content calendar for Pets at Home and Vets4Pets.
- Strive to deliver fresh and innovative content, keeping updated on new trends, techniques and platforms
- Design and create original content as well as collaborate with wider content, design and agency teams to brief in multimedia assets and content to support and enhance the social content plan
- Support seasonal and ATL campaigns with social content in line with the campaign objectives, and creative look and feel across Group
- Plan and execute best in class social campaigns and competitions to excite, inspire and grow our social audience, driving brand awareness, engagement and social reach
- Work closely with both the Digital Acquisition and propositions team on supplier requests, creating and executing campaigns which are on brand and support the campaign objectives to deliver maximum ROI
- Continue to grow our influencer network to identify and approach influencers who align with our brand and marketing objectives
- Responsible for packing and coordinating products sent out to influencers
- Continue to build on our influencer gifting to increase our reach and brand and product awareness to new audiences
Reporting and Analysis
- Support Social Media Specialist on reporting and analysis of social media activity as required
- Apply learnings from reports to continually improve content and increase ROI
- Utilise social listening tool to gain understanding of brand sentiment, and any actionable insights
- The successful candidate should have experience in a social media role, ideally within a leading UK brand or retailer
- A strong understanding of the social media landscape and key platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok with an interest in new platforms and technology
- Excellent written ability, including the ability to write in different styles, for different audiences, across different platforms.
- A creative thinker - with a drive and determination to think outside the box and deliver exciting, innovative content.
- Can easily translate social media trends reactively into successful content for the Pets at Home Group audience.
- Ability to prioritise workload, often managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, and within a team
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-09-2022
Expiry Date: 12-09-2032