Head of Colleague Communications & Experience
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Head of Colleague Communications & Experience
Location: We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are based in Handforth (Cheshire) and Swindon and you will be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
- This role will lead on defining, developing and mobilising our colleague engagement strategy, bringing it to life through a consistent and compelling colleague communication strategy. As a result, the way in which we communicate will inspire and emotionally connect all our colleagues to our strategic vision, our purpose, and in turn our colleagues will be energised to deliver upon our strategic objectives.
- This role will also play a key part in shaping our people brand, translating it into our people promise, and working alongside the People leadership teams, will embed it across the candidate and colleague lifecycle, reinforcing & story telling our unique elements across all our colleague communication channels.
- This role will also be pivotal role in leading on the unique activities and programmes which defines our differentiated colleague experience. In addition to supporting initiatives which showcases our culture (i.e. our fun, social, and inspiring events), our wellbeing strategy and plans is also a core priority, strengthened further by communication activity to maximise leadership and colleague engagement.
Key responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- Will work with key business stakeholders to create a messaging platform which emotionally connects our colleagues to our strategy, purpose and vision.
- Will work with the People Team to translate our Group and Divisional People Strategy into an effective communication plan in order to engage and inspire our colleagues, understanding their role in the part they play in delivering our strategy.
- Will design, shape and deliver impactful communications tools / channels relevant to the audience, message, and level of impact & influence required, i.e. business briefs, leader briefs, colleague briefs, virtual, social, written, video, SapJam, etc
- Working in partnership with brand, marketing, people teams to shape, articulate, and embed our people promise, working with the People Centres of Excellence & People Teams to bring to life our unique colleague proposition.
- Creative brand and communication plans will reinforce our colleague experience throughout the whole of the candidate to colleague lifecycle. Will influence each of the colleague touchpoints where the brand can be experienced (recruitment to induction, to development, wellbeing etc)
- Will work in close partnership with Head of External Comm’s, joining the communication steerco to ensure joined up messaging and/or sharing of content in order to strengthen, support, align key pieces of comm’s. Will translate appropriate messaging for our colleagues.
About your experience
- This role would suit an internal communications leader who can demonstrate a proven track record within employee experience, emotionally connecting colleagues to company vision and purpose through consistent and effective communication. You will offer experience of shaping and executing communications and colleague experience strategy within large complex multi-sited organisations across diverse audiences. (10,000+ colleagues).
- You will have strong leadership capability, an ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, and will thrive on developing and managing communication plans in a transforming organisation. You will have highly developed relationship management skills coupled with strong planning and organisation abilities.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of building and shaping a people brand, and how to bring it to life through effective communications throughout the colleague lifecycle.
- Budget management
- Experience of working across a broad range of media and channels
- Experience of running large scale events.
- Strong technical competencies relevant to internal engagement and knowledge of effective communication models including digital and strategic engagement
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 05-11-2020
Expiry Date: 31-12-2020