DC Payroll Administrator - 39 hours
Full-time, £21,000 - £23,500
Salary: £21,000 - £23,500
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Location: Hybrid working (office located in Stoke-on-Trent, moving to Stafford in the future)
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the DC Payroll Team as a Payroll Administrator to provide payroll administration support to Distribution and Transport Colleagues within the site DC.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to)
- To ensure that an excellent service is provided through the delivery of People and Payroll processes and procedures.
- To support the DC by providing timely and accurate information.
- To provide help and support to the Distribution team as and when required.
- Process Payroll for site DC and Transport on a 4 weekly basis
- Calculate holiday entitlements
- Calculate SSP and Company sick pay entitlements
- Calculate Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Responsible for ensuring that manual amendments are recorded appropriately on the relevant spreadsheets and input correctly into SAP.
- Calculate and process any pay advances if required.
- Log, investigate, resolve all pay queries and communicate outcome to colleagues in a timely manner.
- Administer the absence procedure in liaison with Line Managers and People Team using the T & A system.
- Calculate sickness payments and adjust values in SAP where required.
- Responsible for ensuring Managers extra shifts/overtime are authorised and adjustments are entered on SAP.
- Log maternity, paternity & adoption payments on the Payroll Manual Amendments spreadsheet.
- Administer and process shift changes, promotions, transfers and changes to colleague terms and conditions on T & A.
- Annually allocate the holiday calendar entitlement on T & A.
- Administer authorised requests for buying of holidays on T & A.
- Log, monitor and once authorized process information required for Christmas Bonus payments.
- Check that data has accurately flowed from SAP to T & A and amend accordingly e.g., for new starters and change of details.
- Ensure Starter declarations and P45s are processed accurately.
- Ensure leavers are approved in SF and correctly replicate to SAP.
About your experience
- Previous payroll experience preferred.
- Understanding of payslips and ability to explain them to colleagues.
- Ability to answer pay queries form colleagues and liaise with the Line Manager where necessary.
- Previous experience of using SAP is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, packages such as Excel and Word are used on a daily basis.
- Competitive Salary plus bonus
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Bring your Pet to work!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Shopping discounts and more!
*Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 23-09-2022
Expiry Date: 15-10-2022