IT DC Support Team Lead - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford North Business Park, Stafford, ST18 9SE
IT Support Team Lead (Distribution Centres)
Hours of Working: The new on-site Distribution Centre Tech Support Team will provide support to the business 7 days a week, working on a shift pattern basis including weekends.
About the Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in Technology by joining our new on-site Distribution Centres Tech Support Team, supporting all Pets at Home colleagues at our distribution centres. We are entering a period of significant change and there is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to add real benefits to our operation. Distribution is the backbone of our business, and this is an opportunity to play a crucial role in our mission to feed the nations pets.
Working in our brand-new state of the art distribution centre in Stafford, you will lead a busy, professional, and highly motivated team based primarily on-site but there will be travel to other sites required on occasion.
The IT Support Team Lead will help form and lead a new on-site Tech Support Team, made up of 3 x 2nd Line Technology Support Analysts providing systems support for our distribution centres.
- Responsible for line Management of 2nd Line Technology Support Analysts, providing effective leadership ensuring each member of the team carries out their responsibilities and produces their defined deliverables.
- Provide effective colleague management to ensure provision of a well-structured and happy working environment in which each member of the team is service focussed, motivated and encouraged to take on new challenges and improve their skillset.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of metrics, against both analyst performance and Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively managing team performance / production of deliverables, aiming to exceed SLA targets and/or service aspirations, recommending and implementing action plans as appropriate to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team – continually identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT Services provided, during transformation, transition and BAU.
- Play an active role in the problem management process, identifying problem areas and progressing to resolution, tracking, analysing and identifying trends in Incidents & Requests raised across the team.
- Providing a first point of escalation for the team in respect of service / delivery issues, along with early identification and escalation of services issues when necessary.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of agreed changes to services delivered, including working with other teams within Group IT Dept, 3rd parties and the wider business.
- Rota scheduling, resource planning and recruitment, along with all other aspects of day to day team management and operations.
- Major Incident Management when needed.
- Provide desktop support - Build and configuration of laptops and desktops, along with installation of authorised software, encryption software, Anti-Virus, software updates and patches.
- Troubleshoot hardware & software problems, such as printers/desktops/servers, HHTs & hardware/network related issues and set-up of new IT equipment.
- Support asset management activities to ensure we know what we have on-site and where it is in the repair cycle.
- Ensure the team produce knowledge documents and procedures for transfer of activities and tasks to 1st line, improving the Service Desk Team First Time Fix rate.
- Responsible for the team correctly following Incident, Request, Problem, Knowledge, Change, and Asset Management processes, along with Information Security processes and procedures.
- Assist with introducing required operational daily checks and tasks to ensure DC shifts are not interrupted by IT related issues or equipment failures, ensuring system stability, and contributing to stable operations.
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management qualification is essential, with experience of working within an ITIL process driven environment following Incident, Request, Knowledge, Change, Problem & Asset Management process.
- Proven record in people management
- This is a technical Service Desk so you must be PC literate in all aspects of desktop support, Microsoft Office applications, O365, Windows, Active Directory, with a real interest in IT.
- Although a number of our systems are bespoke and training will be provided for these, it is preferable that you have previous experience of IT support, specifically within Distribution or Retail.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Service Desk Supervisor / IT Support Team Leader with knowledge of a distribution centre and retail services environment. You will have excellent line management and people skills, along with experience of working closely with 3rd Parties and other support teams in an ITIL process driven environment.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-09-2022
Expiry Date: 07-10-2022