Store Format and Design Manager - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Format and Design Manager
Location: Nationwide travel in support of projects and flexible working (Home/Office)
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home Group we’re developing technology to transform pet care. Join us and work on amazing change focussed projects that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Operating within the Store Development team, the Format and Design Manager will support the Store Format Manager in the conception, design, development and delivery of store format initiatives within the Pets at Home Group. The role will be to drive the continued expansion of our offering within our new store and refurbishment programme, managing the effective implementation of design solutions to a broad mix of store formats. The role holder will also help develop new format initiatives in line with emerging trends and business priorities, ensuring we are continually innovating our pet care centre proposition to create an industry leading in store experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of leading visual design projects and managing the look and feel of a store environment and will work independently to deliver projects of varying scale and complexity, managing the full creative process from design to delivery.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create new design concepts and format initiatives within Pets at Home and across the wider business portfolio, including Vets 4 Pets and The Groom Room, designing solutions against strict budgets and in conjunction with clear commercial objectives and tangible KPI’s.
- Work with agency partners and internal teams to deliver the format strategy, ensuring all creative briefs and project plans are aligned with the strategic vision, are on brand and clearly outline and then achieve objectives and deliverables.
- End to end management of the design and delivery of retail format solutions ranging from a single item of a signage to a full store concept, taking projects from the creative brief right through to implementation across the diverse store estate.
- Using a broad mix of insight and data, make recommendations for improvements to our format proposition, always seeking to test and learn from design concepts that drive commercial benefits and enhance the customer experience.
- Design and plan creatively to set budgets, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of materials and manufacturing processes and costs as part of concept recommendations
- Create design solutions that are innovative yet operationally fit for purpose and ultimately deliver on the business objectives and customer needs.
- Engage with key stakeholders at varying stages of projects, working closely with internal departments to ensure new concepts / formats are communicated effectively and delivered consistently in a highly organised and efficient manner
Essential experience and skills:
- Has advanced and specialised format and design expertise, typically obtained through a minimum 5 years post grad experience in a Store Format / Development or a visual role within a large retail business.
- Proven track record of delivering complex format projects from concept to delivery, demonstrating strong commercial and operational awareness within design solutions
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working with in-house designers or external agencies to create retail design concepts
- An understanding of store design architecture, branding, space planning and store layout principles to form design proposals and solutions
- Working knowledge of design intent drawings, CAD plans and Architectural Construction Packs
- Exceptional creative and visualisation skills to support innovative design thinking and a clear understanding of practical application of concepts
- Confident presenting design proposals in visual, written, and verbal formats, with excellent attention to detail
- Competent problem solver and negotiator who can prioritise, multi-task and work well under pressure, pro-actively seeking new format and design solutions that will add value to the business
On offer, together with a Greenfield career opportunity, we have a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
- 15% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Share options
- Group Discounts
- Other flexible benefits
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
*Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 23-09-2022
Expiry Date: 08-10-2022