Group Financial Accountant
Full-time, Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive Salary
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
As a Group Financial Accountant, you’ll be reporting to the Group Financial Planning and Reporting Manager, and will be responsible for the delivery of the Group’s internal and external financial accounting and reporting matters, including liaison with the Group’s external auditors and advisors.
The role will suit someone who has experience of working as part of a team toward delivery of time-critical projects, has an eye for detail and an ability to build strong working relationships both cross departmentally and with external stakeholders.
- Preparing Group and subsidiary accounts under IFRS and FRS 101 including interim reporting
- Supporting and liaising with external and internal auditors, as the Group’s key day-to-day audit contact for the interim and year-end financial reporting process
- Drafting papers for Auditors, Board and Audit Committee, including Goodwill and Going Concern
- Supporting the Group on financial accounting standards and emerging issues and ad hoc projects
- Co-ordination of group reporting information from subsidiary companies and preparing Group consolidation
- Supporting the preparation of the Group section of finance board pack
- Business planning and reforecasting support including preparation of board papers
- Support the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of balance sheet, cash flow and working capital analysis for board reporting and investor relations
- Preparation of covenant compliance reporting including submission to banks
- Point of contact for day to day financial accounting queries for divisional teams
- Experience of preparing financial statements and the audit process.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data.
- Strong system and IT skills and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and preferably a working knowledge of SAP.
- Proven experience of financial reporting process.
- Positive, forward thinking attitude with a drive to pro-actively enable change.
- Strong organisational skills, and must work to a high level of accuracy with keen attention to detail.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Strong presentational skills and the ability to prepare and present papers to the leadership team including divisional Finance Directors CFO.
- Experience in managing multiple projects to deadlines.
- Proven stakeholder engagement in a matrix organisational structure, and ability to establish credibility both technically and behaviourally.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing end to end process improvement.
Together we’ll create the future of pet care. We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including;
- 36 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays) rising to 38 after two years of employment
- An additional days leave around your birthday
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Restricted Stock Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Private Healthcare
- 20% colleague discount across the Group
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 09-10-2020
Expiry Date: 30-11-2020