IT Service Desk Manager - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid- 2 days a week in the office (office location is Handforth)
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Group IT Service Desk Manager to join our busy and ever-expanding IT Service Management Team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark and lead a highly motivated and exceptional team which delivers services to the whole Pets at Home Group including our Retail Stores, Vets, Support Offices and Distribution Centres which is circa 16,000 colleagues.
Our Technology team has been growing at pace over recent years and as we deliver more and more systems and services into our Pet Care Centres the Service Desk plays a vital role for the group, as it serves as the point of contact for all issues related to IT. In this critical role, the IT Service Desk manager is responsible for effectively managing customer expectations, setting standards for customer engagement, and providing a high level of first-contact resolution for our customers.
Our busy Service Desk deals with a large number of contacts via Phone, E-Mail, and Self Service. As a Service Desk manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of our busy Service Desk and team of 1st and 2nd line analyst, supervisors, and shift leaders.
This is a great opportunity for a confident and motivated individual to grow and lead a high engaged team.
The role offers flexibility so office working and remote working is possible, as you are managing a predominantly office based team, there is a requirement to be more office based but we work flexibly as long as the needs of the business are met.
- Responsibility for all levels of team management from recruitment, rota scheduling, performance management and development.
- Build a cohesive team and manage people effectively. This includes the ability to coach and develop the team.
- Set clear objectives and ensure the team achieves agreed service levels.
- Develop and implement service standards, best practices and procedures, ensuring service methods are evolved to improve overall efficiency and meet the changing needs of the business.
- Resolving service problems and customer complaints.
- Ability to drive service improvements and demonstrate the value of those changes.
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the service desk and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and wider Service functions.
- An ability to market and promote the service desk and to advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation for the service desk and working to ensure that it is properly viewed as a core business asset.
- Ensure that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Conducting and sharing results from service and operational performance reviews.
- Line Management of Service Desk Supervisors.
- Work with Projects and Service Transition to ensure new services are appropriately integrated into the Service Desk Team and are communicated effectively.
- Challenge behaviours and performance when they fall short of acceptable levels.
- ITIL foundation essential
- Service Desk Manager certification desirable
- Strong knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management.
- Demonstrate an ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- The ability to manage time effectively while setting the tone of the team through modelling and leadership.
- An ability to think critically about systems and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
- Demonstrate examples of identifying and delivering service improvements.
- Must be comfortable working at a fast pace in a changing environment.
- Ability to manage different priorities and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Proven experience of measuring and improving service levels such as First Time Fix.
- Experience of using ITSM tools within a Service Desk function.
On offer, together with this fantastic career opportunity, you will be provided with a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
- 15% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Share options
- Group Discounts
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 26-08-2022
Expiry Date: 08-10-2022