Full-time, Up to £50,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Scrum Master. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and you may be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
The development team is currently going through a period of growth and as such their Agile demand is also increasing. This role would suit someone who is keen to get involved on a grass roots level and really develop an internal Agile / SCRUM capability.
The Scrum Master will work closely with the development team, being responsible for;
- Agile Process Facilitation – facilitating the various ceremonies and processes required for a successful SCRUM team.
- Stakeholder Engagement Facilitation – facilitating engagements between the software development function and stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Software Deployment Facilitation – facilitates the deployment of software into test and production environments with appropriate controls.
- A history of working within an organisation transitioning from a “buy first” to a “build first” mentality
- Experience of working in Greenfield product development
- Experience of breaking down a monolithic application into a services based platform
- A good understanding of services / micro-services based architectures and their benefits and drawbacks
- In depth knowledge of SCRUM and other agile lifecycles such as Kanban.
- Proven experience of working in an agile software development environment to deliver software products
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum
- Annual bonus scheme
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years service.
- Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Pensions - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 18-09-2020
Expiry Date: 31-10-2020