Governance & Compliance Analyst
Full-time, Up to £35,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Resourcing & Compliance Analyst. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and you may be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
The Resourcing and Compliance Analyst will be responsible for analysing and providing insight across;
- Portfolio & Resource Planning
- Portfolio and Resource Tracking
- Portfolio and Resource Reporting and Analysis
- Governance, risk, compliance and 3rd party opportunity
Portfolio and Resource Planning
- Engages across the entire CIO function to ensure all change activity is captured and being managed
- Manages standard models for sizing of needs (learning from past delivery and using best practice)
- Matches available resource to current and future demand
- Assists the Head of Portfolio structure demand such that priority, scale etc. is maintained and that portfolios of work can be most effectively planned, scheduled and resourced
- Looks for ways in which meeting the change demand can be optimised within the portfolios
Portfolio and Resource Tracking
- Manages and maintains the Change Kanban board
- Log all new change as provided by Head of Portfolio and Business Partners
- Move projects through their stages on the Kanban board as guided by the Change leadership team, always ensuring the board is reflective of the current change position
- Manages the links between the Kanban, the Architecture and the Project Delivery tools so that there is a consistent single version of the truth
Portfolio and Resource Reporting and Analysis
- Provide regular reports on resource utilisation and a view of actual use against planned (and also use this to inform future planning)
- Provide a view of future resourcing and skills needs for agreed and prioritised change
- Provide insight on areas of demand and resourcing challenge that need resolution
- Ensure all reports at a project, portfolio and charter level are completed, visible and available within the portfolio tools to the agreed cycles
Governance, Risk and Compliance Support
- Supports the Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager and the Governance Lead with activities including risk and dependency analysis 3rd party contractor management, compliance to portfolio framework
- Risk identification and management are kept up to date and kept aligned to company risk frameworks
- Ability to translate change demand into resource and skills demand
- Experience of working within a project delivery function
- Project lifecycle is understood and there is evidence of its application
- Demonstrable skills in the optimisation of resource availability and scaling against levels of fluctuating demand
- Proven ability to maintain portfolio delivery tools
- Ability to generate and provide insight from reports associated with resource and project delivery requirements
- Experience of tracking key metrics for a technology function
- Clear understanding of risk, risk scoring and risk management/mitigation approaches
- Analytical and problem solving capability with an skill of assembling key information quickly
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to facilitate meetings and explain outputs to a wide audience
- Results driven with an ability to plan and organise self to achieve objectives and targets
- Forward thinking with a flexible approach to change and able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeking improvements
- Competitive salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- Annual bonus scheme
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years service.
- Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Pensions - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 18-09-2020
Expiry Date: 31-10-2020