Pet Health Checker - 8 hours
Part-time, £10.50 per hour
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Contracted Hours: 8
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: C3, Mostyn Champneys Retail Park, Charlotte Road, Llandudno, Clwyd, LL30 1HA
Eglwybach, Near Colwyn Bay - 8 Hour Contract
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home, we have an ambitious plan to become "The Best Pet Care Business in the world", and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are the foundations that will help us to deliver Our Better World Pledge, to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
We are delighted to have recently won "Best Place to Work" and "Best Retailer" at the Retail Week Awards! These are prestigious awards within the Retail Industry, and we couldn't be prouder to be winners. We were also shortlisted in three 2021 Personnel Today Award categories, including "Employee Benefits Award", "Family Friendly Employer of the Year", and we were also winners of the "HR Team of the Year award"!
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the role:
Pet Welfare is our TOP priority and in this job role, you will be responsible for exactly that.
As part of a team of Pet Health Assessors you will be reporting to the Small Animal Welfare Manager your main remit is to assess the health of pets before preparing them for travel. Other duties will include (but are not limited to) deep cleaning of working areas, managing usage orders, cleaning out and providing food and water to the pets.
Although experience of pet health care and farm work is desirable, training will be provided at one of our local stores.
Please note that this role is not based in store and a driving licence and access to a vehicle will be essential to get to the location of the role in Eglwysbach, Near Colwyn Bay. Hours of work will generally be 7am to 10.15 am.
Hours of work tend to be 7am – 11am on selected mornings between Monday to Friday with the occasional weekends depending on seasonal shift changes.
- Carry out a thorough health check on a variety of pets such as rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils and rats. Assess pet health and make decisions based on pet welfare
- Prepare pets for travel
- Keep up to date with latest training provided and pet care knowledge
- Maintain good time management, work to high standards within the time slots allocated
- Clean pet enclosures
- Provide, food and water for the pets
- Manage usage items and place orders when needed such as PPE, grooming equipment, cleaning equipment and pet related bedding
- communicate effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Clean the site facilities and maintain high levels of surface and equipment hygiene
- Work to set policies and procedures
- Contribute towards prevention of cross contamination and disease management
- Believe in our number one value ‘We put pets first’
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Able to use own initiative, some last-minute decision making is required.
- Full Driving License, access to a vehicle and a confident driver
Previous experience in animal health and/or a farm background is desirable.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 06-09-2022
Expiry Date: 30-09-2022