Commercial Finance Manager
Full-time, Up to £55,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Finance Manager. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and you may be required to travel to the office on a frequent basis.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance, you will be one of three Commercial Finance Managers, business partnering the Marketing team and offering financial support to key members including:
- Marketing Director
- Commercial Director
- Head of CRM
- Head of Digital Marketing
- Head of Marketing
- Provide high quality business partnering throughout the Marketing Team to drive action and ensure that decision making within the team is facilitated and influenced through financial analysis.
- Collate, share and report on performance of Marketing initiatives on a timely basis to help drive Retail profitability
- Process implementation to define and agree both financial and non-financial measures of success for key marketing investment and drive accountability and ownership across the Marketing team to better facilitate decision making through robust post campaign evaluation against the pre specified objectives
- Identify, estimate and model key cost levers for future initiatives with a view to optimise future spend and maximise return in line with growth and scale
- Lead the budgeting process across the Marketing teams to help produce a robust plan. Ensure we are on track to achieve this plan through the periodic R&O’s process to facilitate better cost management
- To support Head of CRM in reviewing revenue investment proposals, estimate returns and then review, scrutinise and shape post analysis work to maximise profit potential of campaigns
- Provide timely tracking of discount spend and support better co-ordination and commerciality of product related initiatives across Marketing, Trading and Multichannel teams
- The successful candidate will be CIMA qualified, or equivalent with at least 2 years of post-qualified experience
- You must have experience of commercial analysis, gained in either your current or previous roles.
- You will have excellent communication skills which will enable you to build strong internal relationships, with the ability to influence and challenge key senior stakeholders across the Business
- You must be able to demonstrate past experience of being in a positon where you have regularly had to influence senior management
- You will be PC literate, and it is essential that you have advanced excel skills with the ability to use formulas, V look up’s and pivot tables.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working in or with the retail industry. The candidate must be a self-starter and have experience of working in a dynamic environment
- It is essential to have strong analytic skills and proven track record of influencing decisions through the conclusions / recommendations you have made as a result of your analysis.
- Competitive salary of up to £55,000 per annum plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-09-2020
Expiry Date: 31-10-2020