Full-time, Up to £24,036 per annum
Salary: Up to £24,036 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swan Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 9BD
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Pets at Home is seeing a significant growth in the E-Commerce business, having grown by 933% over the last 3 years and predicted to grown by a further 30% year on year.
We are currently going through an exciting change within our rapidly expanding ecommerce operation. Huge investments are being made in automation, which goes live in September. This investment will future proof the business, adapting the operations to embrace the aggressive growth in online shopping.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create and develop a pro-active relationship with the recruitment agencies to ensure the best possible service is being provided at all times.
- Work with the onsite training teams to provide a clear succession plan for both new and existing colleagues.
- Deputise for the Planning and Performance manager.
- Supporting and working closely with the Distribution Optimisation Manager to promote high productivity and improved efficiency gains.
- Support the recruitment team with the embarkation of internal and external colleagues.
- Comply with all Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Take ownership of the colleague’s team deployments.
- Analyse forecast volumes against current capabilities, and react accordingly.
- Provide a variety of daily reports to the wider business.
- Complete the weekly agency timesheets, ensuring all PO’s are raised correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage headcount and capabilities to provide a quality service to the business.
- Review all colleagues’ performance and efficiency with the goal to create developmental and improvement plans.
- Forward-thinking with a customer centric focus.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Ability to take an idea through all the stages from ‘concept’ to ‘final solution’.
- Excellent communicator and influencer.
- Very strong attention to detail and data analysis.
- Creative and resourceful under pressure.
- Team player within the wider business.
- Appetite for continued learning and self-development
- Competitive salary of up to £24,036 per annum
- 24 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 26 days after two years (based on 40hr contract 2x 12hr & 2x 8hr shifts, 4 on 3 off rota)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care & Vets4Pets Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance & Personal Health Insurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 07-09-2020
Expiry Date: 30-09-2020