Regional Finance Manager - Vet Group
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 1, St Margarets Retail Park, Oxford Road, Stratton St Margaret, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN 3 4ES
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from our 453 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons. The Vet Group operates a UK leading small animal veterinary business, with 440 First Opinion practices located both in our stores and in standalone locations, as well as four Specialist Referral centres. We are based in beautiful offices next to the Retail Outlet and Steam Museum in Swindon.
The Regional Finance Manager will be the finance business partner to the Area Relationship Managers (ARM) and Joint Venture Partners (JVP). You will deliver excellent customer service to the Regional Operations team while building strong working relationships. Practices include First Opinion Vet Practices which are run as Joint Venture partnerships, Group Venture practices and Company Owned practices.
Reporting to the Head of Partnership Finance, the role will be responsible for the following:
- Ownership of queries/issues from ARMs and JVPs ensuring these are responded to and resolved efficiently and appropriately within SLA timelines;
- Analysis of periodic performance of practices to identify areas of weakness, determine route cause and partner with ARM to drive resolutions;
- A pro-active approach to periodic practice reviews, highlighting key discussion points to support ARMs with JVP finance reviews;
- Periodic meetings/calls with ARMs; focusing on key performance metrics and queries/issues on a practice level.
- Ad-hoc forecasting of performance and cash/operating loan position as required;
- Focus on reducing operating loans (partnering ARM) through providing sufficient and timely analysis that accurately forecasts practices heading towards operating loans and ensuring that the ARM/JVPs are taking appropriate action;
- Ownership of the budgets from a finance perspective for the region, including
- Base budget preparation and review of SAP BPC output;
- Review of budgets as prepared by ARMs with input and challenge to the numbers.
- Attend periodic Regional Meetings, communicate finance updates and present regional financial performance slides;
- Communicate and facilitate the settlement of early bank loan repayments, partner loan settlements and sinking fund set up;
- Facilitate the approval and settlement of Interim and Final Dividends;
- Preparation of finance training slides and presentation thereof to ARMs, JVPs and Practice Managers;
- Liaise with ARMs on stock take process, attend ad-hoc stock takes as required;
- Other finance work as and when required.
Requirements for the Role;
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills are essential, and knowledge of other MS Office applications is required
- Ability to work at pace, be able to delegate appropriately and have a high level of organisational skills
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Ability to influence and challenge across teams, both within and outside of Finance
- Be able to deliver a high level of customer service
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven leadership ability, and demonstrative business partnering capabilities
- Effective communicator at all levels, must be able to communicate complex financial issues in a simple and easy to understand manner to non-financial partners and colleagues.
- Team player, able to communicate and work effectively across disciplines
- Strong service ethos and demonstrates vision, values and behaviours of the Vet Group
- Passion for accuracy and drive for improvement.
- Have gravitas and presence being a respected representative of the Finance Team
- The ability to own problems to a conclusion
- This role will involve limited travel when required to attend off-site Regional Meetings, finance training and ad-hoc stock takes.
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 20-08-2020
Expiry Date: 30-09-2020