Retail Pet Care Plans Propositions Manager
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Purpose of the Role:
- Manage the proposition for retail Pet Care plans.
- Management of the commercial performance and service experience on retail Pet Care plans including Easy Repeat and Subscribe and Save. Plus create new product offers for the subscription customer.
Key areas of focus:
- Manage and develop the retail proposition and join up the experience around the customer to make pet care easy, convenient, supportive and rewarding, whilst maximising LTV.
- Leverage product and customer insights to prioritise and quickly deliver product improvements/fixes against areas of most significant commercial and customer impact as well as designing brand new propositions
- Responsible for developing the vision and proposition roadmap for retail Pet Care plans, ensuring that internal stakeholders are aligned and collaborate on the development roadmap
- P&L accountability for the retail Pet Care plan propositions
- Managing the day to day customer offer & being the hub in the wheel on retail Pet care plans.
- Understand in immense detail the customers & pet’s needs on subscriptions & keeping up to date with the latest customer and competitor trends
- Based on a deep understanding of each customer segments need of pet care, deliver a personalised experience to address this.
- Make each customer experience seamless and as simple as possible - removing all the boring / challenging elements and help the customer to simply enjoy their pet.
- Manage the business P&L for Petcare proposition
- Facilitating the growth of existing product proposition to the max, whilst creating new exciting propositions more tailored to the owner and embracing the Pet Care services.
- Ensure the business stays current on the latest market trends (including beyond pet care) that will shape consumer expectations for Pet Care Plan propositions
- Maintain work stream leads to understand the proposition, whilst ensuring alignment across work streams back into the proposition
- Business case development, with commercial acumen to develop models for unique new products
- Identify and solve outstanding decisions, considering a range of solutions and applying judgement on a recommended way forward
- Define and scope insight-led product requirements, new features, capabilities and specifications
- Perform customer research to understand customer needs and implement them during the design process of the proposition
- Prioritise product developments and implement the operating model across the group
Experience, Knowledge & Expertise
- Degree equivalent with +3 years relevant experience in a customer facing/service led environment
- Experience in developing product propositions and managing through all aspects of a product portfolio
- Capable in product P&L management
- Strong organisational skills and project management
- People management experience - direct team leadership and x-functional relationships
- Rigorous attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of analytical capability, confident in using formulas and large data sets for analysis purposes
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays) rising to 36 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 11-08-2020
Expiry Date: 30-09-2020