Operational Finance Analyst
Full-time, Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive Salary
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Remote working
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for an Operations Finance Analyst. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and you may be required to travel to the office on a frequent basis.
Reporting into the Senior Operational Analyst, you will act as one of the key finance contacts for the Retail Operations Team and wider Finance team.
We are looking for someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambition through gaining qualifications, guidance and experience.
If you’re in the process of attaining your CIMA or ACCA qualifications then we can support you through the form of a study contract and generous study leave
- Review and interpretation of Store & Grooming Performance (inc Financial, Customer and key Strategic KPIs) highlight any issues and understand trends, undertaking reviews with the senior operations team to understand and build action plans for areas of opportunity
- Conduct deep dive analysis on underperforming Stores & Grooming salons to understand key trends and work with field / data teams (incl. Regional Operations Directors & Area Managers) to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance.
- Preparation and interpretation of Store property financials to help support decision making in optimising the Pets at Home estate
- Weekly reporting, period end reporting and board slide preparation; understanding variances and clearly explaining to non-financial colleagues.
- Preparing audit level information and be the key contact for Group Finance and Audit during these times.
- Work closely with the rest of Operational finance and Central Finance and Control to model / build / support / present / input the formal Business Plan and Reforecast.
- Provide appropriate challenge, and support to Operations business partners (inc. Grooming Ops Manager).
- You will be a part or fully qualified Accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
- You will have previous experience in an analytical finance or Management Accounts role, preferably within retail
- You will have previous experience of both supporting and challenging key stakeholders where necessary
- You will have a high attention to detail.
- You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment.
- You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships.
- You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years service.
- Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Pensions - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-08-2020
Expiry Date: 30-09-2020