Commercial Solicitor (12 month FTC)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Remote working
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for a Commercial Solicitor on a 12 month fixed term contract to assist with a key strategic commercial project. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and Swindon and you may be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
This is a great opportunity for a Solicitor already working in-house or wishing to move from private practice to in-house. The role would be ideal for a junior Solicitor with at least three years PQE who is looking to broaden their legal and commercial experience within a high quality and supportive in-house environment, but we would also welcome applications from more senior applicants should this opportunity suit their circumstances.
The successful applicant will need to be technically strong, commercially pragmatic, efficient and have a solutions driven approach. Previous in-house experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Commercial Contracts – Drafting, negotiating and providing legal advice on a broad range of commercial contracts for goods and services including; supply chain, purchasing, manufacturing, IT & IP agreements, distribution, licenses, novation agreements and assignments
- Project Support – Assisting full time on a key strategic project, working closely with the Procurement Team and other Senior Lawyers within the Group Legal function
- Negotiation – Effectively managing the resolution of contract terminations and commercial disputes
- Contract Law – Assisting the Procurement Team in interpreting and complying with commercial contracts and legal requirements
- Building Relationships – Assisting in strengthening the legal practice across the business and quickly building strong relationships of trust with key stakeholders
Skills & Experience Required
- Qualified Solicitor and member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- 3+ years PQE
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts
- Desire to work in-house. Previous in-house experience is desirable but not essential
- Strong technical legal skills
- Commercially pragmatic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Friendly and pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 14-07-2020
Expiry Date: 31-08-2020