Profit Protection Analyst
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
As a Profit Protection Analyst you will play a key supporting role to the team and wider business as we continue with our remit, which is to drive continuous improvement whilst protecting the business, our colleagues and our pets against crime, dishonesty and poor process. We are a small team based in our Handforth Support Office, but we work efficiently by making the best use of data, systems and remote working platforms to achieve our objectives and engage with the right people across the business at the right time. If you have experience in any of these areas, combined with the below, we’d love to hear from you.
- Engage and communicate with key stake holders cross functionally.
- Using our data mining systems, review and analyse EPOS data to identify fraudulent activity and trends in behaviour.
- Once fraud has been identified, whether that is internal or external, package up the investigations with supporting evidence. Apply lessons learned to future cases and pull out key examples to feed into our internal training programmes.
- Help keep the business honest in its approach to process and achievement of KPI’s. Identify any areas of poor compliance and raise them as specific areas of concern at the appropriate level.
- Provide support to retail and distribution teams with general queries and by sharing best practice.
- Develop a close working relationship with the business partners whilst supporting them with regional objectives and investigations.
- Maintain, collate and advise on security incidents across the estate and support our physical security strategy.
- Provide a proficient and proactive analytical service to the business by interpreting data and highlighting trends at regional, store, category, brand and SKU level.
- Challenge existing process where it is no longer fit for purpose or is a risk to productivity and make recommendations to improve.
- Liaise with and support the Police and other authorities with requests for information and investigations.
- Manage your personal objectives and identify new opportunities for personal growth.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop both internal and external relationships.
- High level of PC literacy, particularly in Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Teams with a minimum of 2 years’ hands on experience.
- Experience with SAP BW, IDM Loss Manager, IntelliQ or similar data mining platforms is desirable.
- Experience with ecommerce payment platforms or fraud que management solutions would be advantageous.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work streams and tasks with a view to meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and integrate well into a small and diverse team.
- Ability to act with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion is critical.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays) rising to 36 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 04-07-2020
Expiry Date: 31-08-2020