Technology Delivery Manager (Logistics & Distribution)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Remote working
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for a Technology Delivery Manager (Logistics & Distribution) to be based at one of our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) or one of our Distribution Centres at Northampton or Stoke but with frequent travel between all 3.
Reporting to the IT Business Partner for Retail, you will be the primary point of contact for the Logistics and Distribution part of the Retail function with responsibility covering:
- Technology Business Partnering - the primary interface for the related business technology strategy development, solution discovery, risk management and relationship management
- Project Delivery – overseeing delivery of change within the area, likely also having personal responsibility for managing specific changes
- Service Relationship – being the conduit for IT service management and operations including establishing processes to ensure the IT services and operations teams provide consistently high levels of customer service in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure a clear portfolio and roadmap is in place for both current and desired technology outputs.
- Embed within the Logistics and Distribution management team, operating as a trusted technology advisor to that team and to all key interface points
- Provide clear articulation of business area strategy back into the IT teams in order for those supporting teams to be able to provide the best quality solutions and services
- Represent the IT capacity into the business area such that expectations of service are understood
- Ensure delivery of all key projects within agreed financial and time parameters.
- Work closely with the business analysis team to ensure all requests are fully articulated, prioritised and understood within clear Project Requests
- Represent the portfolio view of the business area to key leaders. This will include working with the Change function to develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product plans, proactively anticipating and mitigating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio
- Key player in the mitigation of change delivery risk including ensure appropriate quality assurance and business risk articulation for the go-live of any change
- Provide advice, guidance and oversight to change teams delivering for the business area
- Manage against the KPI’s produced by the IT service and operations team. Monitor performance and liaise back with the business unit.
- Ensure any underperformance issues are addressed.
- Drive the highest levels of customer service through the IT teams for the business area
- Provide a key conduit into the IT service for the priority and resolution of incidents
- Seek continuous improvement in the level and quality of service experienced by the business area, balancing that and recognising where change may impact service and with strategies to minimise that impact
- Work with both the IT and business teams to recognise key challenges in current service and the prioritisation of the most important areas to address
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Breadth of experience in technology business partnering and project delivery typically associated with multiple years of experience in the function.
- Experience of warehouse/logistics management systems such as JDA, etc.
- Experience in managing technology service delivery within a complex business operating environment.
- Customer-oriented approach and outcome focused
- Proven business experience within the Logistics and Distribution area, ideally from business relationship, project/portfolio management or service delivery but could also come from business leadership role which have a close technology relationship
- A thorough understanding of technology and its application to business issues with demonstrable track record applying key warehousing, logistics and distribution technologies.
- Strong communication with an ability to articulate strategies, visions and desired outcomes
- Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-05-2020
Expiry Date: 31-08-2020