Deputy Manager Designate Peterborough / Kings Lynn / Wisbech – Area
Full-time, Up to £26,500 per annum
Salary: Up to £26,500 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 1, Bourges Retail Park, Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE 1 1NG
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Reporting into the Store Manager you will be a key member of the store management team where you will be responsible for maximising sales and performance across all major KPI’s through building a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Covering the Peterborough / Kings Lynn / Wisbech – Area
- Leading from the front with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
- Ensuring that your store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service to our customers through the vast amount of pet knowledge and expertise that you and your team can offer.
- You will deliver the highest standards of pet care and ensure that the welfare of pets is a top priority, promoting responsible pet ownership.
- Being responsible for motivating, training and developing your team.
- Running a store which has exceptional standards and contributing towards achieving and exceeding key KPI’s.
- Ensuring that you communicate effectively to your team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
- You will be a Deputy Manager and take full responsibility for the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Being involved in absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards.
- You’ll have a passion for retail and a passion for pets!
- You’ll have at least 1 year’s management experience, gained either within a store based retail role or in a restaurant environment. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you’ve taken a hands-on approach.
- You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results!
- You’ll be a people person and a real team player and this combined with your excellent communication skills enables you to really engage and inspire a team.
- You’ll be commercially focused and proactive in your approach.
- Competitive salary of up to £26,500 plus bonus.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home
- Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
- Pension Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-03-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020