People Business Partner – West Region (Field Based)
Full-time, Up to £50,000 pro rata per annum
Salary: Up to £50,000 pro rata per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Contract
Location: G, The Eastgate Centre, Eastgate Road, Bristol, Bristol, BS5 6XX
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for a People Business Partner to join us, initially on fixed term contract (maternity cover) and to work in the field within our ‘West Region’. You will report into the Director of People Partnering and be responsible for providing an exceptional People Service across the Pets at Home retail stores and Support Office.
The purpose of this role is to act as a true Business Partner by supporting, advising and coaching the regional field teams on all people related activity and working closely with retail to develop strategies and practices which will drive engagement, develop capability and drive performance improvement. The role requires the PBP to advise and coach managers at all levels on people related activities to ensure we deliver our people strategy. The People function is very much a team effort and the PBP will be expected to recommend proactive and appropriate people solutions to support the wider team in the delivery of those solutions. The role also needs to be an ambassador for the People team as a whole, ensuring visibility across the organisation. The PBP will need to develop professional and effective relationships across the wider business. Visibility across the region and strong communication with the Area Managers is essential to the success of the role.
As a Business Partner the role encompasses the 4 elements of a People BP model: HR Expert/Employee Champion/Strategic Partner/Change Agent
- Develop strong partnering relationships with the Retail Operations Directors and Area Managers, acting as an internal consultant to diagnose, develop and implement effective people strategies and people plans which support retail business goals and drive sustained performance in alignment with our Group People Strategy
- Provide clear measurable feedback to coach the Retail Operations Directors, and Area Managers on their personal impact and leadership, to enable them to develop themselves and others and role model our behaviours and values
- Work with Retail Operations Directors, Area Managers and the L & D team to identify and plan relevant learning and development across the region in order to improve performance, capability and talent development to further the objectives of the regional and area plans.
- Oversee the induction programme and ongoing development of both internally promoted & externally recruited Area Managers to enable them to perform effectively as quickly as possible.
- Support and develop business leaders in the identification of talent. Provide advice and guidance on action plans to support retention and development of high potential individuals. Develop robust succession plans at Regional level with actions clearly identified and planned for
- Work closely with the central L & D team to plan and deliver leadership development programmes regionally as required in line with succession plans
- Consider the consequence of people change in the business and support any such change as an ambassador, enabling people to work effectively as they plan, implement and experience change.
- Support and drive the engagement and wellbeing agenda for the region, ensuring all leaders take responsibility for their own teams’ engagement and ensuring robust action plans and effective feedback mechanisms are in place to drive engagement at all levels. Play an active role in any survey preparation and results cascade to ensure understanding and buy-in.
- Work closely with the Recruitment Manager and team to ensure all regional vacancies are filled as efficiently as possible in line with Regional succession plans. Drive the region to ensure all new colleagues regardless of level have a great on-boarding and induction experience.
- 1Advise, guide, mediate and support colleagues and managers on high level or complex employee relations cases and absence issues where necessary, working closely with the People Direct team . Identify any trends with the People Services Manager and provide education and/or support where necessary to operational leaders if improvements are needed.
- 1Oversee, coach and support business leaders with performance management as necessary
- 1Keep abreast of current legislation/trends and input into people policy reviews as required. Drive and embed new polices that support the people strategy.
- Regularly review and analyse management information and implement necessary actions/initiatives to drive performance improvement and ensure the retention of great colleagues.
- Work with the wider people team to seek to continuously improve the value and quality of the People team service provided to the business
- You will have proven experience in a BP role, ideally in retail
- You will have a solid HR background
- You will have the ability to lead a strategic agenda and the agility to deal with the tactical operational activity this role can also bring
- You will have great planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
- You will have a proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
- You will be a team player who can operate remotely but also within a wider team
- You will have a high level of emotional intelligence and great judgement and decision making skills
- You will be an ambassador for change and able to support others during periods of change
- Competitive salary, up to £50,000 pro rata per annum.
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Company Car
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Non-Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 12-03-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020