Online Activation Assistant
Full-time, £20,000 per annum
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39 Hours
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Online Activation Assistant
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for talented individuals who are seeking an opportunity to learn new skills in a thriving and exciting business. This is a perfect opportunity for somebody who is looking to gain further experience with a forward thinking, fast paced retail business.
You’ll work in the Online Trading and Activation Team at our Support Office in Handforth. Your role will be to provide comprehensive administrative support, to ensure that tasks are undertaken accurately and to the required deadlines, helping to drive the overall performance of the Pets at Home website.
- Support the Channel Managers in delivering the online activity plan – this makes sure that the creative on the website is constantly refreshed and engaging for our customers and supports our key campaigns and trading initiatives. This could be seasonal events such as Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Black Friday, pay day events, promotions and own brand campaigns;
- Work with the Channel Managers to develop strong relationships with our key suppliers and work with them to deliver branded campaigns throughout the year ;
- For all campaigns the online activation assistant will be responsible for collating product and promotion information, which will be used to brief the wider digital team and ensure campaigns launch seamlessly across all channels.
- Collate all creative assets for the website and work with the design team to ensure they are delivered on site at the right time and in the right location;
- Manage the process for raising invoices with suppliers for any online activity, monitoring income vs. targets and reconciling it with Finance;
- Monitor competitor activity and carry out benchmarking projects on product, price or campaigns and communicate this back to the channel manager;
- Work with the channel manager on the range review process , adhering to the critical path to ensure products launch on time and are aligned to store. You will also use the range review process to look for opportunities to enhance the current offering online – this could be through improving product imagery, looking at category sequencing and navigation. All actions should help to drive sales, profit and conversion online.
- Produce specific financial reports for the weekly trading meeting;
- Produce ad hoc reports and gather information as instructed by the Channel manager;
- Support the Channel manager in monitoring sales and margin performance and interpreting variances against category plan;
- Provide great customer service to both store and support office colleagues through speedy and accurate issue resolution;
Key Skills Required;
- Ideally you will have experience of working within an office environment; ideally this will be gained within the retail sector;
- You’ll be PC literate on Excel & Microsoft Office;
- You will be commercially aware;
- You’ll be extremely analytical and numerical with a high degree of accuracy and a high level of attention to detail;
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and work within tight timescales;
- It is essential that you are highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own work load, working to the required deadlines;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Must have a confident personality and be comfortable in social situations;
- You will utilise your excellent communication skills both internally as you work cross-functionally with other teams and externally, as you network and liaise with our suppliers;
- You will be able to challenge where appropriate and influence others;
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your tenacity in the pursuit of a target;
- Must be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to solve problems;
- Must be a team player and have an eye for detail;
- Salary of £20,000 per annum
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 36 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 06-02-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020