IT Service Desk Supervisor
Full-time, Up to £30,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
IT Service Desk Supervisor
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their IT career by joining our Group IT Service Desk Team, supporting all Pets at Home and Vet Group colleagues and working as part of a busy, professional and highly motivated team, based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire.
The Service Desk Supervisor will report to the IT Service Desk Manager, and will oversee the 1st and 2nd line Service Desk teams providing systems support for all colleagues across the business. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Service Desk Supervisor / Team Leader with excellent line management and people skills, it’s a very fast paced business that’s constantly changing and we are looking for a committed, ambitious and motivated individual who has the drive to improve and develop their own skills and the skills of the team, along with the Service provided to all colleagues across the business.
- Responsible for line Management of 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Analysts, providing effective leadership ensuring each member of the team carries out their responsibilities and produces their defined deliverables.
- Provide effective colleague management to ensure provision of a well-structured and happy working environment in which each member of the team is service focussed, motivated and encouraged to take on new challenges and improve their skillset.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of metrics, against analyst performance, call handling and Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively managing team performance / production of deliverables, aiming to exceed SLA targets and/or service aspirations, recommending and implementing actions plans as appropriate.
- Drive continuous improvement within the IT Service Desk – continually identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT Services provided, during transformation, transition and BAU.
- Play an active role in the problem management process, identifying problem areas and progressing to resolution, tracking, analysing and identifying trends in Incidents & Requests raised across the Group IT dept.
- Providing a first point of escalation for the team in respect of service / delivery issues, along with early identification and escalation of services / delivery issues.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of agreed changes to services delivered, including work with other teams within the Group IT Dept, 3rd parties and the wider business.
- Assist with rota scheduling and resource planning, along with all aspects of IT Service Desk Team recruitment.
- Major Incident Management.
- Participate in the IT Supervisor on-call rota, which rotates on a 4 weekly basis, requiring a supervisor to be available (24/7) for the week, acting as the first point of contact to deal with business critical out of hours priority issues (additional benefit payments apply). This requires escalation to specialist on-call teams and 3rd parties and Major Incident Management.
- ITIL Foundation qualification is essential, with experience of working within an ITIL process driven environment following Incident, Request, Knowledge, Change, Problem & Asset Management process.
- Proven record in people management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- This is a technical Service Desk so you must be PC literate in Microsoft Office applications, Windows and Internet Explorer, Active Directory, with a real interest in IT.
- Although a number of our systems are bespoke and training will be provided for these, it is preferable that you have some previous experience of IT support, and the ideal candidate will have experience of working on an IT Service Desk providing IT support.
- We’re a pet retailer so a passion for Pets is what we’re all about: this is a must!
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of, and thrive off, delivering excellent customer service.
- You should have an aptitude for learning new skills quickly.
- Your excellent time management skills will enable you to prioritise and organise your workload and the workload of the team, whilst striving to deliver a high level of Customer Service.
- A strong understanding of the organisations goals and objectives.
- Our business never stops and therefore you must thrive in a very busy and ever changing environment.
The IT Service Desk Team offers a great service to the business 7 days a week and works on a shift pattern basis including weekends. The Supervisor is not required to work shifts or weekends however needs to be flexible and may be occasionally required to provide shift cover if and when needed.
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) rising to 38 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-01-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020