Full-time, Up to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017, and Number 15 in Europe! Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun. We truly believe it’s our people that make the difference.
As a Supply Planner, you will be based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire and you will be responsible for managing product areas, ensuring that stock levels are correct throughout the supply chain to maximise efficiency and help to provide a great service to our customers.
Key responsibilities are as follows;
- To be accountable for complete stock life cycle of product ranges, managing from introduction to exit across all channels.
- This includes on time launch in line with the critical path and cost effective exit management of discontinued stock
- Work closely as part of the commercial team to manage product ranges from a supply base sourced from the UK and the Rest of the World.
- Raise and review purchase orders in line with sales forecasts and events
- To maximize availability across all channels whilst achieving stock turn targets and driving efficient cash flow
- Work closely with the Availability team to ensure product is distributed from the warehouse and on shelf targets are maintained whilst controlling stocks
- To manage the WSSI for relevant product areas.
Working with our Distribution Centres
- To work closely with the Distribution Centres to ensure stock intake from suppliers is phased in an appropriate manner.
- To work with our supply base to drive initiatives that will improve the efficiencies of the distribution centres.
- To develop genuine
- and sustainable relationships with our key suppliers, celebrating success and managing poor performance.
Commercial Customer Awareness
- Be aware of current trading and the key competitor activity for your relevant area
- To maintain and update relevant reports to support day to day trading using appropriate systems.
- Deputise for line manager when necessary
Skills & Experience;
- The successful candidate must be highly numerate and a logical thinker
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Ideally should have a demand / supply planning background with the ability to demonstrate that knowledge in interview
- Understanding of merchandise planning and its benefits
- We work in a continually changing environment. You must be able to embrace change and strive for continuous improvement.
- We’re a pet retailer so a passion for Pets is what we’re all about: this is a must!
- Your excellent time management skills will enable you to prioritize and organize your workload.
- You should be able to work both independently (with minimal supervision) as well as part of a team.
- We are looking for a committed, ambitious and motivated individual who has the drive to improve and develop their own skills but also someone who is a real team player.
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience), plus discretionary bonus
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) rising to 36 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-01-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020