Business Intelligence Developers
Full-time, Highly Competitive
Salary: Highly Competitive
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Business Intelligence Developers
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The Pets at Home Group is an exciting place to be if you are all things data and analytics! We are at the beginning of our journey and whether you want to influence the technical and strategic direction of your team, take ownership of parts of the existing platform or learn from your existing base of education then come and talk to us about this visionary ‘greenfield’ opportunity.
We have outlined 3 broad streams of activity within our analytics strategy:
- Creating an Analytics organisation and operating model
- Implementing a cloud-based data and analytics infrastructure
- Changing the organisation to an analytics mind set and culture
Get involved in some or all of this:
- Driving adoption of our Business Intelligence environment through first in class dashboard and MI development
- Taking our business colleagues from capturing and refining requirements through to build, test and delivery.
- Define, design, develop and maintain performant BI applications ensuring data quality is maintained to a high standard.
- Providing maintenance and support of our existing suite of reporting dashboards and BI products
- Actively drive improvement and growth through analytics of our data and new techniques.
- Adopt efficient design and development principles to "transform and load" data for MI production. Provide support to other team members to manage complex requirements
- Design BI layout in conjunction with business stakeholders ensuring that insight is relevant, clear and succinct.
- Provide input and adhere to standard design framework and data architecture principles
- Contribute to product innovation
- Extend and share expertise across the team
- Provide 2nd line support and assist 1st line support staff as required
Experience should include some of the following
- Sound knowledge and experience of BI platforms and tools e.g. Business Objects, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, Thoughtspot, GCP Big Query,
- Solid level of knowledge of SQL
- Good level of experience of designing optimal data structures, design, coding and development methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of understanding business needs and translating outputs into meaningful language and creating commercial success through actionable analytics/insight
- Proven experience to see and know “what good looks like” when it comes to people, methods, tools and practices within BI services
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
The way you work
- Strive to create the simplest solution to any problem, using the right tool for the job
- Focus on high-quality, reliable and fault tolerant software/systems
- Adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
- Support project delivery with pragmatic estimates and progress tracking
- Work collaboratively and support colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Competitive salary and market leading benefits
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- 4 x Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-01-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020