Commercial Finance Analyst
Full-time, Up to £30,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Commercial Finance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst to work at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager, you will act as one of the key finance contacts for the Trading Team and wider Finance team.
We are looking for someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambition through gaining qualifications, guidance and experience.
If you’re at the beginning, just starting or further down the line with your CIMA or ACCA journey then we can support you through the form of a study contract.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Review and interpretation of sales and margins to highlight any issues and unusual trends, undertaking reviews with the trading team to understand and build action plans for areas of opportunity.
- Period end reporting, processed and board slide preparation; understanding variances and explaining non-financial colleagues.
- Preparing market reporting requirements and provision of information to investors.
- Preparing audit level information and be the key contact for Group Finance and Audit during these times.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on underperforming categories to understand key trends and work with the trading team to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance.
- Work closely with the rest of Commercial Finance to align and input Business Plan and Reforecast figures.
- Support post launch range review analysis across categories following major range change activity and ensure analysis conducted and debriefed to cross functional teams on a timely basis.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for analysis to provide insight and drive recommendations and action.
- You will ideally be part or fully qualified accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
- You will have previous experience in a commercial finance role, preferably within retail
- You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using Vlookups, Sumifs, Pivot tables and graphs
- You will have high attention to detail.
- You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment
- You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships.
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 10-01-2020
Expiry Date: 31-05-2020