IT Operational Performance Analyst
Full-time, Up to £25,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
IT Operational Performance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017, and Number 15 in Europe! Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun. We truly believe it’s our people that make the difference.
As an Operational performance analyst you will be working within our busy IT team supporting 450 stores and over 450 Vets. You will have excellent desktop support skills and knowledge of a Retail environment and a good knowledge of networking principles. You will have previously worked in a 2nd line or technical role. You will have experience of working to an ITIL framework and excellent Service Management knowledge and experience.
will work within a small team, ensuring that our live service is protected, maintained and operational ready at all times in line with our Service Levels. You will work to ensure that pro-active maintenance is carried out and new and changed services are accepted into the live environment and are operationally ready for live running. You will maintain operational procedures and act as a gatekeeper to the live service. You will work to ensure that operational monitoring and alerting is in place across all key systems.
- Protect the performance and growth of live Service for key applications / infrastructure
- Monitor services and service levels
- Report on performance of key service components
- Maintain all operational knowledge bases
- Work closely with the Service Management team to identify and resolve the root cause of underlying problems affecting live services.
- Provide speedy resolution of operational issues
- Protect the live service by reviewing and impacting assessing changes and act as a gatekeeper
- Utilising appropriate tools, help monitoring and manage the live environment and ensure appropriate action is taken to any alerts raised.
- Work closely with the Service Design & Transition co-ordinator to ensure operational activities and responsibilities are factored into any new or changed services.
- Actively participate in and suggest preventive maintenance and housekeeping to prevent future failures.
- Produce knowledge documents for the Service Desk and help support the shift left approach for activities that can be resolved by the Service Desk.
- Required to participate in a 24 * & on-call rota for key systems
Skills Required and Proven Experience:
- Competent and methodical administrative experience - able to manage multiple tasks within required timescales
- Knowledge of Service Management tools for asset tracking
- Confident and assertive communicator, oral and written - able to communicate with senior managers, vendors and suppliers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Good problem solving skills Technical / Desktop / Application support background
- Experience of using Landesk / Heat / Ivanti and mobile device management software is advantageous
- Ensure great communication to all teams involved in issue resolutions
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and ideally ITIL qualified
- Good understanding of the reporting capabilities with PAH and how these can be used to identify improvements within the application and infrastructure estate, delivering enhanced stability and performance.
- Knowledge and use of industry standard monitoring and alerting tools.
- Knowledge of Software Development and Change Delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience of testing cycle.
- Salary up to £25,000 per annum, plus bonus
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-01-2020
Expiry Date: 31-03-2020