Senior IT Operational Performance Analyst
Full-time, Up to £36,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £36,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Senior IT Operational Performance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
As a Senior Operational performance analyst you will be working within our busy IT team supporting 450 stores and over 450 Vets. You will have a wide variety of support skills, knowledge of a Retail environment and good knowledge of networking principles. You will have good SQL knowledge and experiencing of working with cloud systems and technologies and managing vendors providing software as service applications. You will have previously worked in a Operational support role for a number of years. You will have experience of working to an ITIL framework and hold an ITIL certification in Service Management.
You will work within a newly formed small but busy team ensuring that our live service is protected, maintained and operational ready at all times in line with our Service Levels. You will work to ensure that pro-active maintenance is carried out and new and changed services are accepted into the live environment and are operationally ready for live running. Working with our architecture, infrastructure and Service Design co-ordinator, you will ensure that new services are operationally ready for go-live and that all Service Design documentation is in place as well as monitoring and alerting.
You will maintain operational procedures and act as a gatekeeper to the live service. will work to ensure that operational monitoring and alerting is in place across all key systems.
- Protect the performance and growth of live Service for key applications / infrastructure
- You will be used to supervising and providing guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Monitor services and service levels
- Report on performance of key service components
- Maintain all operational knowledge bases
- Work closely with the Service Management team to identify and resolve the root cause of underlying problems affecting live services.
- Provide speedy resolution of operational issues
- Protect the live service by reviewing and impacting assessing changes and acting as a gatekeeper
- Utilising appropriate tools, help monitoring and manage the live environment and ensure appropriate action is taken to any alerts raised.
- Work closely with the Service Design & Transition co-ordinator to ensure operational activities and responsibilities are factored into any new or changed services.
- Actively participate in and suggest preventive maintenance and housekeeping to prevent future failures.
- Produce knowledge documents for the Service Desk and help support the shift left approach for activities that can be resolved by the Service Desk.
- Required to participate in a 24 * & on-call rota for key systems (paid separately)
- Champion small change and improvements into key systems.
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Competent and methodical administrative experience - able to manage multiple tasks within required timescales
- You will have worked in an operations or service management team in a technical role for at least 3 years.
- Ideally you will be from a retail background have knowledge of EPOS systems.
- You will have a strong background knowledge of reporting platforms
- Knowledge of Service Management tools for asset tracking
- Confident and assertive communicator, oral and written - able to communicate with senior managers, vendors and suppliers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Good problem solving skills Technical / Desktop / Application support background
- Experience of managing multiple suppliers and attending service reviews.
- Experience of using Landesk / Heat / Ivanti and mobile device management software is advantageous
- Ensure great communication to all teams involved in issue resolutions
- ITIL qualified
- Good understanding of the reporting capabilities with PAH and how these can be used to identify improvements within the application and infrstructure estate, delivering enhanced stability and performance.
- Knowledge and use of industry standard monitoring and alerting tools.
- Knowledge of Software Development and Change Delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience of testing cycle
- Knowledge and experiencing of supporting an SAP environment would be beneficial
- Competitive salary up to £36,000 per annum, plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 04-12-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020