Retail Operations Lead
Full-time, Up to £45,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Retail Operations Lead
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
To control and consolidate all store activity across the UK retail operation, acting as the conduit between stores and support office so activity is well planned and executed. Liaising with stakeholders at all levels across all functions within the Group ensuring that all routine and new initiatives are scheduled to maximum efficiency.
- Develop and manage the capacity planner that accurately reflects the workload in retail acting as gatekeeper to prevent conflicting agendas from impacting store performance.
- Oversee the rollout of any new initiatives, preventing clashes with cyclical range reviews and other activities. Ensuring there is a minimal impact to the store estate and sufficient support is provided centrally.
- Leading and co-ordinating the weekly trial governance meetings, accountable for keeping the field up to date with progress and the exiting of trials.
- Accountable for sign offs of all range reviews and store builds within retail operations ensuring POS and stock is ordered on time, challenging non store friendly requests and ensuring compliance takes place on time and in full.
- Working as one team, supporting the trading team to innovate and get it right first time, building relationships and partnering with stakeholders in these teams to advocate for practices and solutions that will support us to deliver the retail strategy, and ensuring that any organisational changes that will impact Retail are communicated across the business and vice versa.
- Support the trading team in the store implementation, holding the stores to account for not following the guidelines from the office.
- Own the right first time road map representing retail in all trading categories to drive improvement in error rates and sharing learning to prevent reoccurrence.
- Championing change in support office, driving customer centric behaviours (recognising store colleagues as their customers).
- Developing synergies and business opportunities across the group to optimise the end to end customer/ client journey.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the response to any significant operational challenges that arise within the business e.g. floods, fires etc.
- Oversee new stores and Kylie refits from a CPA perspective, be the gatekeeper at Support Office. Ensure departments are hitting their deadlines and that stores have a clear vision of what’s expected and the tools to do it.
- Accountable for the clearance strategy for stores and leading discussions with traders to get the right output for the field teams.
- Responsible for running the operational customer first calls with trading and the field. Coordinate actions to rectify issues timely and build strategies to prevent future impact to stores.
- Engage with Operations team members across the UK in weekly calls & through direct store visits to understand and keep abreast of the current situations within Field and ensure operational resolutions are put in place.
- Manage the retail operations consumables budget of £x, liaising with suppliers and procurement to ensure efficient utilisation.
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Significant experience of retail operations within a national retailer or similar multisite customer facing business.
- Highly pc literate, conversant Microsoft office.
- Demonstrable success in developing and managing relationships with support functions, stakeholders and third party suppliers.
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent oral and written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike.
- Results driven, and can think outside the box to drive continuous improvement.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, manage own time and workload effectively.
- Passion for people and pets.
- Organised and works at pace.
- Customer and colleague-centric with a focus on service delivery.
- A team player balanced with an ability to work on own.
- Enthusiastic, positive and determined.
- Authentic and straight forward.
- Adapts to change with positivity and enthusiasm.
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of a growing and dynamic organisation.
- Competitive salary up to £45,000 per annum, plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-12-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020