IT Service Desk Analyst (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Full-time, Up to £20,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017, and Number 15 in Europe! Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun. We truly believe it’s our people that make the difference.
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their IT career by joining the country’s leading pet supplies retailer, Pets at Home. We are looking for an IT Service Desk Analyst to join our Group IT team and work as part of a busy, professional and highly motivated team, based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire.
The IT Service Desk Analyst will report to the Service Desk Supervisor and provide systems support for all colleagues across the business. With over 440 stores; 2 Distribution Centres, 470 Vets, 310 Groom Rooms and 2 support Offices with over 400 colleagues - it’s a very fast paced business that’s constantly changing.
- Work with our team of analysts in providing a professional and courteous service.
- Record accurate, detailed information to a high standard within the IT Service Management system.
- Use the IT Service Management system to assign and complete requests assigned to the IT Service Desk Team according to Service Level Agreements.
- Request Fulfilment of various tasks such as new starters / leavers, mailbox and distribution changes, and access permission changes using Active Directory and bespoke systems.
- Work on and support development / improvement projects as assigned by management.
- Ensure excellent communication to all teams and colleagues involved in the request fulfilment process.
- Install and configure new software.
- Follow the Asset Management process, updating our Service Management system with relevant CI information.
- Hardware & Licence Procurement – Including remote installation and configuration in order to fulfil the requests.
- Create knowledge base articles when required.
- Support the introduction of new request fulfilment processes into the IT Service Desk.
- This is a technical Service Desk so you must be PC literate in Microsoft Office applications, Windows 7 / 10 and Internet Explorer.
- Although a number of our systems are bespoke and training will be provided for these, it is preferable that you should have some previous experience of Active Directory, software installations and device configuration.
- We’re a pet retailer so a passion for Pets is what we’re all about: this is a must!
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of, and thrive off, delivering excellent customer service.
- You should have an aptitude for learning new skills quickly.
- It is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You need to meet end user requirements whilst providing high quality customer service.
- Your excellent time management skills will enable you to prioritise and organise your workload.
- You should be able to work both independently (with minimal supervision) as well as part of a team.
- We are looking for a committed, ambitious and motivated individual who has the drive to improve and develop their own skills but also someone who is a real team player.
- Our business never stops and therefore you must thrive in a busy working environment.
- Up to £20,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing to 36 after 2 years’ service
- Birthday Leave 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 28-11-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020